Make a quick but authentic Japanese Chicken Curry in your Instant Pot. Just four minutes under pressure in your pressure cooker for a flavorful and hearty meal. I can't believe how quickly this came together!
Japanese Chicken Curry | Instant Pot Recipe
This recipe is for the easiest, most authentic Instant Pot Japanese Chicken Curry you will ever make.
One of the really nice things about having a Facebook group where people can post their favorite recipes is that I get to learn from other people. Nancy Moss told us about a Japanese curry and I was so excited about this that I lost no time in ordering the ready-made Curry Paste that I needed for it.
Although I ordered one that said Medium Hot, this was not even remotely hot. This means that it would make an excellent, family-friendly meal. The curry has a bit of a sweetness that I think will really appeal to kids.
One thing that I did a little differently from other recipes I saw out there was that I cut the chicken into bite size pieces, and cooked everything all in one go. This meant that I could throw together chicken, carrots, potatoes, and onions, and cook all of it for 4 minutes under pressure, which makes for a super-quick dinner.
If you're looking for more great curry recipes, check out my Basic Indian Curry recipe! It's a savory Indian comfort food that you'll fall in love with.
Another fantastic curry dish is my Jamaican Chicken Curry. It's authentic, spicy and done in just 20 minutes!
As you can see from the picture below, everything in the Japanese Chicken Curry cooked perfectly, with the carrots and potatoes done well but not mushy, and the chicken cooked tender but not shredded.
The steps to making this Instant Pot Japanese Chicken Curry in your pressure cooker are:
- Quick-sauté some ginger and garlic in a bit of oil to flavor the oil
- Pour in chicken and vegetables with water
- Place curry paste blocks on top
- Cook for 4 mins HP, 5 mins NPR
- Mix well, add a little coconut milk and serve
Want More Instant Pot Chicken Recipes?
- Instant Pot Butter Chicken- My most famous recipe.
- Low Carb Garlic Chicken- Has a sauce good enough to drink.
- Chicken Tikka Masala- Delicious Indian meal.
- Instant Pot Chicken Biryani- Comfort food at it's finest.
- Chicken Korma- Just like your favorite restaurant.
- Chicken Vindaloo- Perfectly spiced in under 30 minutes.
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below! Just click on the stars in the recipe card to rate. Don't forget to pin this recipe for later!
- 1 tablespoon (1 tablespoon) Oil
- 1 tablespoon (1 tablespoon) Garlic
- 1 tablespoon (1 tablespoon) Minced Ginger
- 1 pound (453.59 g) Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs, boneless, skinless, cut into bite size pieces
- 1.5 cups (240 g) Onion, sliced thick
- 4 (4 ) red potatoes, quartered
- 2 (2 ) Carrots, chopped thick
- 1.5 cups (375 g) Water
- 1/2 (0.5 ) package Vermont Curry Paste, 6 squares
- 1/2 cup (113 g) Full-Fat Coconut Milk
- Add all ingredients except the coconut milk into the inner liner of your pressure cooker.
- Place the curry paste on the top to prevent scorching.
- Cook on high pressure for 4 minutes, and then release pressure quickly.
- Stir well and mix in the coconut milk, stirring until well incorporated.
- Serve with rice or noodles, or with a side salad.