The most authentic, and the easiest Tex-Mex Instant Pot Chili you’ve ever made in your pressure cooker. Use a fresh blend of spices to flavor this keto chili recipe and best of all, it cooks in minutes, yet tastes like it cooked for hours.
Instant Pot Chili
I had initially called this 3-2-2-1 Chili. Why 3-2-2-1?
Firstly because it’s super quick. Secondly, because that’s how I remember the proportions of spices. Three teaspoons chili powder, 2 teaspoons ground cumin, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1 teaspoon oregano.
This takes the place of any packaged chili spice mixes and does it so well, I don’t buy pre-packaged mixes anymore. If you do want to use a packaged mix, I have a old recipe here for it, and it works well, but here’s a good one that’s from scratch.
Looking for more delicious Instant Pot recipes? Check out my Creamy Shrimp Scampi! It’s low carb and quick and easy to make!
Looking for something to wash that all down with? Check out my recipe for Instant Pot Iced Tea! Once you’ve made it in your Instant Pot or pressure cooker you’ll never go back to the old way of doing it again!
What’s in it?
So I’ve been over-thinking this Instant Pot Chili. There are so many complicated recipes out there with lovely ingredients like cocoa, Mexican chocolate, espresso, strong coffee, Rotel, etc. that I was somewhat paralyzed before starting to do this recipe properly.
Then I told myself to stop worrying about all the exotic ingredients, make a basic but tasty chili recipe. So I set aside all the recipes, and just cooked this Instant Pot Chili recipe by feel as I typically do, and it worked out great. So here we go.
The corn tortillas are to help thicken the final product because as you guys know, the Instant Pot produces a lot of water in a recipe, and I hate using cornstarch to thicken things because I don’t think it adds flavor.
I’d rather thicken with something that adds flavor and the tortillas do that well. So this is a good, basic Tex Mex chile, and to make it more keto, top with cheese and sour cream.
★ DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? DON’T FORGET TO GIVE IT A STAR RATING BELOW! JUST CLICK ON THE STARS IN THE RECIPE CARD TO RATE.
The most authentic, and the easiest Tex-Mex chili you've ever made in your Instant Pot or pressure cooker. Use a fresh blend of spices to flavor this keto chili recipe and best of all, it cooks in minutes, yet tastes like it cooked for hours.
- Heat Instant Pot on sauté, and when it's hot add the oil, and then add chopped onions and minced garlic. Stir for 30-seconds and then add ground beef. Break up the ground beef and allow it to browns slightly,
Meanwhile blend together the canned tomatoes, chipotle chili, and the corn tortillas until relatively smooth.
- Mix the various spices in a small bowl and once the ground beef is somewhat brown (but not fully cooked), add the powdered spices and allow the spices to bloom for 30 seconds.
- Add in the blended corn tortillas and tomatoes and use the 1/2 cup water to wash out the blender and pour that into the pot.
- Seal quickly, cook at high pressure for 10 minutes, and allow it to release pressure naturally for 10 mins and then release remaining pressure.
- Mix well, top with cheese if desired and serve.
I am not a registered dietician or nutritionist. Nutritional information is provided a courtesy, and can vary depending on the exact ingredients you use.