Oy, such a long list of ingredients! But actually, it took me longer to take out all the spice jars than it took me to put it all together. I made a lot of this mix, you can easily halve it. If you have these spices, you can also make the garam masala listed here, and several other things. I'm going to be trying out some Ethiopian recipes this weekend and to play along, you need Ethiopian Berbere and you need to make Niter Kibbeh, which I will list shortly.
So basically use ground spices, or grind what you need and mix it all up, save it and use for Ethiopian food. Simple and delicious.
LOOKING FOR A DELICIOUS DISH TO USE ETHIOPIAN BERBERE IN? CHECK OUT MY ETHIOPIAN CHICKEN STEW!
WANT TO MAKE MORE HOMEMADE SPICE BLENDS?
- Egyptian Dukkah
- Lebanese 7 Spice
- Cajun Spice Mix
- Sambhar Masala
- Kafta Kabab Spice Mix
- Ras Al Hanout Spice
- Shawarma Spice Mix
- Dry Sesame Garlic Chutney
- Ethiopian Berbere
- Maharash Trian Goda Masala
- Garama Masala
- Punjabi Garam Masala
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below! Just click on the stars in the recipe card to rate. Don't forget to pin this recipe for later!
- 5 tablespoon (5 tablespoon) Smoked Paprika
- 1 tablespoon (1 tablespoon) Cayenne Pepper, (adjust to taste)
- 3 teaspoons (3 teaspoons) Kosher Salt
- 2 teaspoons (2 teaspoons) ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon (1 teaspoon) Ground Cardamom
- 1 teaspoon (1 teaspoon) Fenugreek Seeds
- 1 teaspoon (1 teaspoon) Ground Coriander
- 1 teaspoon (1 teaspoon) Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoons (0.5 teaspoons) Ground Cloves
- 1/2 teaspoons (0.5 teaspoons) Ground Allspice