This Instant Pot Pinto Beans recipe will quite possibly be the best Mexican-style beans you've ever had. It's super easy to make in your Instant Pot and it tastes so very good!
What Makes Instant Pot Pinto Beans You New Favorite Bean Dish
Prepare to have your mind absolutely blown over the tastes of these Instant Pot Pinto Beans. I don’t know exactly what to call this pinto beans recipe because they don’t taste like traditional beans in most Mexican restaurants—but can I just say, I think they taste BETTER?
This Instant Pot Pinto Beans recipe is so very flavorful. From the delicious pinto beans and smoked sausage to the and Mexican red chili powder and tomatoes, every single bite of this Mexican beans recipe is bursting with unbelievably tasty goodness.
These Instant Pot Pinto Beans make the perfect side dish for a Mexican dinner or just serve them over a bed of rice to make it a complete meal. And if you'd like to make this recipe vegetarian or vegan-friendly, simply omit the smoked sausage and queso for a filling and veggie dish that's protein-rich.
Not only is this Instant Pot Pinto Beans dish delicious, but it's crazy easy to make as well. It's one of those simple pour and cook recipes that you'll find yourself coming back to again and again.
Just throw all the ingredients in the Instant Pot and let the pressure cooker do all the work for you. Now let's get cooking...
Can You Cook Dried Beans In The Instant Pot?
You most certainly can cook dried pinto beans in the Instant Pot. Though you can cook them from dry, I highly recommend soaking them overnight.
Do I Need To Soak Beans Before Cooking Them In The Instant Pot?
Okay, so here's the deal. You don't NEED to soak the dry pinto beans before cooking them in the Instant Pot. However, there are a few reasons why you may WANT to soak them first.
- Faster Cooking. First of all, soaking the beans makes them cook easier and more efficiently.
- Soaked beans take about 10 minutes less of cooking time.
- Easier to Digest. Secondly, and more importantly, in my opinion, is that soaking the beans makes them easier to digest. Easier digestion means less...um...embarrassing bean after-effects if you catch my drift.
Read this post to learn how to make perfect beans in the instant pot.
How To Make Instant Pot Pinto Beans
- Add ingredients. Place all ingredients into the Instant Pot. Close the lid.
- Cook. Press PRESSURE COOK and cook on HIGH PRESSURE for 30 minutes. Allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes and then release all remaining pressure.
- Stir and serve. Stir in jalapenos and cilantro and serve. Top each serving with crumbled queso if using, and serve.
Tips And Tricks For Instant Pot Pinto Beans
- Serve with rice for a complete meal.
- Do NOT substitute cayenne for the Mexican Red Chili Powder. They are very much different and it won't turn out anything like it should.
- Omit the sausage and the queso fresco to make this recipe both vegetarian and vegan-friendly.
Looking For More Great Mexican Recipes? Check These Out!
- Instant Pot Tamale Pie – All of the taste of tamales but done in under an hour.
- Instant Pot Beef Barbacoa – Make this deliciously tender barbacoa recipe quickly in your Instant Pot.
- Low Carb Stuffed Poblano Peppers – Delicious, low carb, and take under 30 minutes to make.
- Pork Chile Verde – A delicious meld of ingredients for a quick, savory dinner.
- Poblano Chicken Soup – Absolutely bursting with flavor without being spicy.
- Flank Steak Fajitas – Super easy to make and oh-so-delicious!
- Air Fried Tomatillo Salsa – Plenty of heat and flavor to go with any meal.
- Air Fryer Chile Rellenos – The best, easiest, tastiest air fryer Chile Rellenos you’ve never had!
- Air Fryer Corn Eloté – Sweet, savory and delicious.
- Air Fryer Southwestern Roasted Corn – Perfectly sweet, tangy and spicy.
- Arroz Pina Colada – A simple, one step dessert recipe.
- Instant Pot Chicken Tacos - Delicious shredded chicken tacos in just 30 minutes.
Make yourself some of these delicious Instant Pot Pinto Beans for dinner and you won't be disappointed. Make sure to share this recipe with your friends on Pinterest and Facebook so they can enjoy it as well!
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below! Just click on the stars in the recipe card to rate.
- 1/4 cup Pickled Jalapeno Slices
- 1/2 cup Cilantro, chopped
- queso fresco, optional
- Place all ingredients into the Instant Pot. Close the lid.
- Press PRESSURE COOK and cook on HIGH PRESSURE for 30 minutes. Allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes and then release all remaining pressure.
- Stir in jalapenos and cilantro and serve. Top each serving with crumbled queso if using, and serve.