These Chipotle Steak Tacos are simply taco perfection. Make these delicious steak tacos your whole family will love in your air fryer or in the oven.
What Makes This Chipotle Steak Taco Recipe
- Flavor. If you've never had adobo sauce, you are going to love what it does to steak! It's spicy, and the perfect amount of acidity.
- Easy. Whether you make this in the Air Fryer or the oven, you're going to love how simple this is to make. Use my delicious flank steak marinade and then cook - it's that easy!
- Low-Carb Friendly. Make these a new Keto-friendly favorite by serving them with a low-carb tortilla, or without a tortilla at all!
How To Make Beefsteak Tacos In Your Air Fryer
Here's a breakdown of how to make this delicious flank steak recipe in your Air Fryer.
- Marinate. Place the beef strips in a large bowl or resealable plastic bag. In a blender or food processor, combine the onion, garlic, chipotle chile, adobo sauce, chile powder, cumin, oregano, olive oil, salt, pepper, and water. Blend until smooth. Pour the flank steak marinade over the meat and stir or seal the bag and massage the bag to thoroughly coat and combine. Marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes or cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
- Cook. Using tongs, remove the beef strips from the bag and lay them flat in the air fryer basket, minimizing overlap as much as possible; discard the marinade. Set the air fryer to 400°F for 8 minutes, turnings the beef strips halfway through the cooking time. You may have to do this in two batches.
- Serve. Divide the meat among the tortillas. Top with cheese and salsa.
Oven-Baked Chipotle Steak Tacos
How To Cook Flank Steak For Steak Tacos In The Oven
- Set the oven to broil
- Cook the steak for 3-4 minutes
- Flip and allow to cook for an additional 2 minutes
- Allow the meat to rest and enjoy
How Do You Cut A Steak For Tacos?
When you are cutting the steak for this Chipotle Steak Tacos recipe, make sure you are cutting the steak into strips and that you're cutting the steak along the grain. Cutting the flank steak along the grain makes the steak much easier to chew, making the steak taco experience that much more enjoyable.
What Kind Of Steak Should I Buy For Tacos?
You really could use just about any type of steak for tacos, but the most popular choices are flank steak, skirt steak, or sirloin steak. I choose to use flank steak for this Chipotle Steak Tacos recipe as it is fairly affordable, it's easily found in most grocery stores and, quite frankly, I tend to have it on hand considering I have so many other flank steak recipes.
If you want to try skirt steak tacos, read more on how to cook skirt steak for the best results.
Are Steak Tacos Healthy?
The healthiness of a taco mostly comes down to how you serve it. If you want to keep these steak tacos low carb, simply serve it as a taco salad or over cauliflower rice. If you'd like for the dish to have a lower fat content, you could use a leaner cut of steak like sirloin tip side steak or top sirloin.
Some Healthy Taco Ingredients To Add
As I mentioned above, the healthiness of a taco is all about what you use for ingredients. I try to keep my recipes low in carbs, high in healthy fats and packed with protein. This steak taco recipe is no exception.
However, there are several other things you can add to these steak tacos to make them even more delicious while still keeping them healthy. Here are some of my favorites:
- Keto Cheese Sauce
- Sour Cream
- Greek Yogurt
Looking For More Great Taco Recipes? Check These Out!
- Air Fryer Korean Tacos - A delicious Mexican-Korean fusion!
- Indian Pulled Pork Tacos - Tender pork tacos with an Indian twist.
- Tacos de Alambre - A keto-friendly taco alternative that's so very tasty.
- Taco Meatballs - Low carb, gluten-free and made easily in your air fryer.
- Savory Instant Pot Chicken Taco Soup - Delicious chicken tacos in soup form.
- Low Carb Taco Stuffed Peppers - A make-ahead appetizer that's low carb, high protein and keto-friendly.
- Taco Chile Relleno Casserole - A yummy low carb taco casserole.
- Easy Taco Dip - Simply, delicious and family-friendly.
With a dinner as delicious as these Chipotle Steak Tacos, your family is sure to be full, satisfied, and eternally grateful (well, maybe they'll just be full and happy, which is good enough for me). Make sure to share this recipe with your friends on Pinterest and Facebook so they can enjoy it as well!
Chipotle Steak Tacos
- Baking Sheet
- PHILLIPS AIR FRYER
For The Steak
- 1.5 pounds flank steak thinly sliced along the grain into long strips
- 1/2 cup Red Onion diced
- 2 cloves Garlic crushed and peeled
- 1 Chipotle Chile in Adobo Sauce 1 canned chipotle chile + 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon Ancho Chile Powder
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1.5 teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Water
- 1 cup Salsa
- 8 flour tortillas 6-inch tortillas, warmed
- 1/2 cup Cotija cheese, crumbled
- Place the beef strips in a large bowl or resealable plastic bag. In a blender or food processor, combine the onion, garlic, chipotle chile, adobo sauce, chile powder, cumin, oregano, olive oil, salt, pepper, and water. Blend until smooth. Pour the marinade over the meat and stir or seal the bag and massage the bag to thoroughly coat and combine. Marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes or cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
FOR THE OVEN
- Place the steak on a sheet pan in a single layer.
- Set the oven to broil and cook the steak for 3-4 minutes.
- Flip and allow to cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Divide the meat among the tortillas. Top with cheese and salsa.
Originally Published April 15, 2020