A staple in Indian cooking, this Quick Ginger Garlic Paste is super easy to make. I find commercial mixes often use oil which changes the taste over time, and fillers which dilute the taste. Super easy to make, and don’t bother peeling the ginger. Just slice it and throw it into your blender/processor.
Quick Ginger Garlic Paste
NOW THAT YOU HAVE YOUR OWN HOMEMADE GINGER GARLIC PASTE, USE IT TO MAKE THIS LOW CARB CHICKEN BIRYANI RECIPE!
★ Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below! Just click on the stars in the recipe card to rate.
- Having your own ginger garlic paste at hand will make a lot of these recipes go faster. Commercial blends contain fillers and oil, and over time the oil changes the flavor of the paste.
- This is super simple. Place 1/4 cup of water in the bottom of a blender or food processor to help the blades move freely.
- Add ginger and garlic and process until the mixture is relatively smooth.
- In recipes that call for 2 teaspoons of garlic and 1 teaspoon of ginger, just use 1 tablespoon of this.
- This freezes well so you might want to make little cubes in an ice tray and then just throw them in frozen when you’re ready to cook.