This recipe for Pressure Cooker Pork Chops & Rice is perfect when all you want is something simple, comforting, absolutely delicious.
Pressure Cooker Pork Chops & Rice
I used to make this dish when my kids were little and it is like comfort food for me. The rice is ever so slightly overcooked, the juicy pork chops are soft, and the rice has enough pork grease and flavor to make it very tasty. But it's a mild taste so nothing too jarring, which is perfect when all you want is something simple and comforting. You may never go looking for another pork chop recipe.
I used to make it on the stove top, which required browning the pork chops in a skillet and then baking for an hour. I don't have time for that, and I'm sure you don't either! That's these Instant Pot pork chops are perfect!
So last night I made Pressure Cooker Pork Chops in the Instant Pot. The rice did get a little softer than I might have wanted but I found it actually tasted better that way.
Can You Use Bone In Pork Chops?
This can also be a bone in pork chop recipe. If you choose to make this with bone in pork chops, make sure you select a thinly sliced cut. This will ensure the pork chops and the rice cook perfectly with the same cooking time.
How Long to Cook Pork Chops?
The time to cooking Pressure Cooker pork chops is much less than any other method you may have used before. When cooking pork chops for this recipe, I would suggest 5-6 minutes under high pressure with a natural pressure release.
As with any other cooking method, always use a meat thermometer to ensure your meat is cooked to a safe temperature. For Instant Pot pork chops, you will want an internal temperature of at least 160F close to the bone.
Pressure Cooker Pork Chops Tips
The key here is that this is a thin pork chops recipe. I used 1/2 inch center cut chops. Too much thicker and I don't think they'd cook up properly. One pot, 2 steps, 4 minutes pressure, gobbled by even the picky eater. Hard to beat that.
To keep it relatively low in carbs, I ate 1/4 c rice and mostly pork. So now, of course, I have a ton of rice left over but it's tasty and it freezes well so I'm going to freeze it in half cup containers.
Looking for More Pork Chop Recipes?
- Honey Mustard Pork Chops- Juicy and flavorful.
- Pan Fried Pork Chops and Cabbage- Loved by thousands.
- Instant Pot Pork Chops with Rice and Vegetables- A great way to sneak veggies to picky eaters.
- How To Make Juicy Pork Chops - My instructions for how to get perfect pork chops no matter how you cook them.
EQUIPMENT YOU MAY NEED TO MAKE THIS INSTANT POT PRESSURE PORK CHOPS AND RICE:
- Instant Pot Mini Duo, or Instant pot 6 quarts, or Instant Pot 8 Quarts
- Measuring Cups
- My favorite Cutting Board
- Good set of Kitchen Knives
This boneless pork chops recipe in the Instant Pot is the perfect solution for a busy night when you just don't have the energy to cook. If your family loves these pressure cooker pork chops, make sure you share this recipe on Facebook and Pin on Pinterest to make again later.
Don't forget to check out my other Best-selling Instant Pot Cookbooks!
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below! Just click on the stars in the recipe card to rate. Don't forget to pin this recipe for later!
- Brown the pork chops in the butter, oil, or ghee.
- As you flip it over to the second side to brown, add the green onions.
- Take the chops out when they're seared, and add in the rice. By this time, the chops should have rendered a little of their fat to coat the rice. Stir to mix well.
- Add the pork chops, water, and the salt and pepper. I of course, pepper liberally but you do what works for you.
- NOTE: It is EXTREMELY important to deglaze the pot after the pork chops are browned. If you don't do that, you're likely to get a BURN notice. This is an excellent safety feature of the Instant Pot.
If you have a lot of brown fond at the bottom of the pot, this is a good thing for flavor, not a good thing for burn.
If you have any concerns about this, pour in 1/4 cup of water, and use it to scrape out the brown, let this water evaporate and then continue cooking.
- Cook at high pressure for 5-6 minutes, and let it release pressure naturally.
- Serve and enjoy!
Watch The Video
- Please be sure to push the rice down under the cooking liquid to ensure your rice cooks.
- Uses 1/4 in or thinner pork chops to ensure they cook in the same time as the rice.
Get support & connect with our community on Facebook!
Want More Easy Instant Pot Recipes?
- Instant Pot Butter Chicken is an easy 30-minute dinner and you can make rice on top of it, as the video shows.
- Pressure Cooker Rice and Dal is a great vegetarian rice dinner.
- This Lebanese Lentil and Rice dish is another great Vegetarian Instant Pot recipe.
- Instant Pot Indian Khichadi is comfort food in a bowl!
- Instant Pot Risotto with Shrimp is another one-pot comfort meal.
- Buffalo chicken casserole for the days you want low carb recipes
- You might also like low carb Chicken Biryani that uses riced cauliflower.
- Chicken and Mushrooms are a great combo.
- My kids love Instant Pot Pork Chops with Rice and Vegetables
- Zucchini Lasagna- You won't even miss the pasta.
- Haluski Recipe - A wonderful cabbage and noodles recipe.