Fastest ever Pressure Cooker Lamb Rogan Josh recipe allows to make this classic, Kashmiri dish in one step with no fuss.
So a while ago I posted a lamb Rogan Josh recipe that used Onion Masala. While I think this extremely versatile onion masala is a great thing to make and have at hand, I also wanted to post a recipe for people who didn’t have the onion masala made, and still wanted to make the Rogan Josh.
Rogan josh gets it’s distinctive red color from Kashmiri Mirchi, which I know isn’t a staple part of everyone’s cupboard. So instead, we’re going to use smoked paprika for color, and cayenne pepper for heat.
THE STEPS FOR THIS PRESSURE COOKER KASHMIR LAMB ROGAN JOSH ARE:
- Marinate the lamb in all the spices and vegetables if you have time, else just mix everything together.
- Put it all in the Instant Pot
- Use HP 20 mins, and NPR
EQUIPMENT & INGREDIENTS YOU MAY NEED TO MAKE NOW AND LATER KETO INDIAN BUTTER CHICKEN
- Instant Pot Mini Duo or Instant Pot 6 quart or Instant Pot 8 Quart
- Measuring cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Cutting Board (my fav one)
- Good set of Kitchen knives
- Cayenne Pepper
- Garam Masala
- Smoked Paprika
- Ground Cinnamon
Fastest ever pressure cooker Lamb Rogan Josh recipe allows to make this classic, Kashmiri dish in one step with no fuss.
- 1 pound leg of lamb, cut into cubes or beef or chicken, and use Instant Pot charts to adjust cooking time accordingly
- 1 red onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger minced
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt (if you're dairy free, add some lemon juice and 1/4 c water while cooking)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1-2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4-1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (adjust to your taste)
- 1/4 cup water, if you want some sauce for rice, otherwise omit
This is so complicated I don't know where to begin.
Mix everything together in a bowl. If you have time to marinate for an hour or eight, do it, otherwise just cook.
Put the mixture into your Instant Pot.
Cook at 20 minutes at High Pressure. Let it release pressure naturally for 10 minutes, and then release all remaining pressure.
Yeah, you're done. Eat.
I am not a registered dietician or nutritionist. Nutritional information is provided a courtesy, and can vary depending on the exact ingredients you use.