Use your Air-Fryer to make this beautifully marinated Sichuan Cumin Lamb! It’s rich in flavor and comes together in a very short amount of time. I love the combo of spicy and savory, with the wonderful tongue-tingle from the Sichuan peppers.
Sichuan Cumin Lamb
If you’ve ever been to a Sichuan restaurant, you’ve probably seen Sichuan Cumin Lamb on the menu. That’s because it’s an amazing dish and an incredibly popular way to cook lamb.
I love making restaurant-quality food at home with a short cooking time so we can enjoy restaurant food at home. This allows me to put in what I want, and leave out what I don’t want for special dietary needs or just for a different flavor choice.
An interesting little tidbit: Although it’s served in nearly every Sichuan restaurant in the US, Cumin Lamb may not be a super traditional Sichuan dish. It’s more commonly found in Northern Chinese districts in Muslim-run restaurants. Nevertheless, it’s amazing and is a great recipe to cook in your Air Fryer.
If you’re looking for more great lamb recipes, my Instant Pot Jordanian Mansaf is absolutely wonderful!
AND IF YOU WANT MORE IDEAS FOR LAMB, CHECK OUT THESE GREAT LAMB RECIPES!
EQUIPMENT YOU MAY NEED TO MAKE THIS AIR FRIED LAMB | SICHUAN CUMIN LAMB:
- Gowise Air Fryer or Philips Avance XL or Breville Smart Oven Air
- Meat Thermometer. Essential for Air Fryer cooking!
- AIr Fryer accessory set or 7-inch pan
- Tongs to move stuff around. I use either these big silicone tongs or this set of Smaller Tongs which are easier on my hands
- Measuring cups
- My favorite cutting board
- Good set of knives
? Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below! Just click on the stars in the recipe card to rate.
For the Lamb:
- 1.5 tablespoons (1.5 tablespoons) Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon (1 teaspoon) Sichuan peppers (or 1/2 tsp cayenne)
- 1 pound (453.59 g) lamb (preferably shoulder) , cut into 1/2" by 2" pieces
- 2 tablespoons (2 tablespoons) Vegetable Oil
- 1 tablespoon (1 tablespoon) light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoons (1 tablespoons) Minced Garlic
- 2 (2 ) red chili peppers, chopped
- 1 teaspoon (1 teaspoon) Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon (0.25 teaspoon) Sugar
- 2 (2 ) scallions, chopped
- 1 large handful (1 large handful) chopped cilantro
- In a dry skillet, roast together 2 tablespoons of cumin seeds and 1 teaspoon of Sichuan red peppers if using until fragrant. When they have cooled, use a mortar and pestle and give them a rough grind.
- Use a fork to poke holes into the lamb to allow the marinade to penetrate better.
- In a large bowl or a Ziploc bag, marinate the lamb with the cumin and Sichuan pepper blend, oil, soy sauce, garlic, red chili peppers, salt, sugar and cayenne pepper (if using).
- Set your air fryer to 360F for 10 minutes and place the marinated lamb in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Using a meat thermometer, ensure that the lamb has reached an internal temperature of 145F and remove to a serving tray.
- Mix in the chopped scallions and cilantro, and serve.
Get support & connect with our community on Facebook!
Don’t forget to check out my Air Fryer Cookbook!
Every one of the recipes in this book can be made in an hour or less, and many are on the table in as little as 30 minutes. You won’t find “cream of anything” cans in the ingredient list: instead, you’ll start with fresh ingredients–healthful meats and vegetables–and let the air fryer do the hard work. Unleash the full potential of your Air Fryer and eat healthfully every night.