Love Big Macs? Is fast food your go-to weeknight meal? Forget listening to your kids beg for their fast food favorites when you add this Big Mac Sauce recipe to a quick and healthy meal.
Why You're Going To Love This Recipe?
- Fast. Ready in under 30 minutes.
- Easy. Mix the ingredients and enjoy!
- Vegetarian. No meat required to make this amazing sauce.
- Versatile. Use it as a salad dressing, dip, or even a marinade for your favorite meat recipes.
What Is Mac Sauce?
Have you ever wondered what you're ACTUALLY eating when you lick the McDonald's Big Mac Sauce from the corners of your mouth? Trust me when I say that you don't want to know. There are dozens of ingredients and it's hard to pronounce most of them.
Instead of taking the time to learn some new words, use your time learning to make homemade Big Mac Sauce you can eat in the comfort of your own home that tastes JUST LIKE the real thing.
What is Big Mac Sauce Made Of?
Gather up these Big Mac Sauce Ingredients and get to mixing.
- Mayo. Add your favorite low carb version.
- Mustard. The perfect low carb condiment.
- Pickles. Add some crunch.
- Vinegar. Want it tangy? Add this.
- Onions. Nothing better to add flavor.
- Swerve. No need to add the carbs with the sweetness.
- Paprika. If you want the color to be similar, add this.
Is Thousand Island Big Mac Sauce?
While they may seem similar, they are not the same. If they were, do you think you would have people RAVING about thousand island dressing?
Here are the differences:
- Citrus. This sauce is full of savory flavors without adding the carbs from fresh fruit like lemon.
- Ketchup. This condiment can be full of carbs. Who wants that?
- Relish. It can also be full of sweeteners. Chop your own low carb pickles for this recipe.
Can You Buy A Bottle Of Big Mac Sauce?
Well, yes. But, why would you want to? It's full of sugar, preservatives, and artificial ingredients. Not to mention it's expensive to buy when you can just make your own!
Use my Big Mac Sauce recipe to make your favorite fast-food favorite at home on a whim.
What Can You Use Secret Sauce For?
Well, the obvious choice would be to use it for my Big Mac Salad. It's guaranteed to be a family favorite that everyone will ask for over and over again. However, there are so many more things Big Mac Sauce would taste GREAT on.
- Keto Chicken Tenders- great for dipping.
- Keto Meatloaf- skip the carb-loaded ketchup topping.
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes- Use it instead of sour cream.
- Chicken Tikka Bites- Your kids will love it!
How To Make A Homemade Big Mac?
When I originally made this recipe, I wanted to make something low in carbs so I could eat something I loved without the guilt.
Though this is a Keto Big Mac Sauce, this recipe is so amazing, people not counting carbs want it too. SO. If you want to use it for a full-fledged homemade Big Mac experience, no one is judging. Here's how I would do it:
- Bun. Sesame seed bun or not, grab a few to add the rest of the ingredients to.
- Burger. Make a couple of patties.
- Lettuce. Add a lot to balance out the heaviness of the other ingredients.
- Cheese. Cheddar is best but use your favorite. Use American cheese to get that classic Big Mac taste.
- Onions. Dice them small to make it authentic.
- Pickles. A burger isn't a burger without pickles.
- SAUCE. The most important ingredient. Layer it thick and even serve some on the side for extra dipping.
A sauce that meets your low carb needs and makes the rest of the family happy? Yes, indeed.
How To Make This Big Mac Sauce Recipe
- Gather ingredients.
- Mix the mustard, mayo, swerve, paprika, and vinegar.
- Dice onions and pickles that will get added to the sauce.
- Mix it all together and serve.
How Long Does Big Mac Sauce Last?
You can make a double batch of this recipe and save the leftovers to eat again later on anything you need to dip.
If you can get it to last that long, this Big Mac Sauce recipe will last up to 5 days in the fridge in an air-tight container.
What To Serve It With
Well, obviously the best thing to serve this sauce with is my infamous Big Mac Salad.
Don't forget to check out my tips above for making a Copycat Big Mac to achieve the ultimate take-out experience in the comfort of your own home.
Want More Low Carb Recipes?
- Instant Pot Butter Chicken
- Instant Pot Garlic Parmesan Spaghetti Squash
- Low Carb Garlic Chicken
- Instant Pot Green Beans with Bacon
- Low Carb Italian Sausage Soup
- Instant Pot Chicken
- Instant Pot Chicken Tikka Masala
If you or your family love the flavors of Secret Sauce, you'll love these Big Mac Sauce recipe flavors. If you or your family loves them as much as I do, please share them on Facebook or Instagram to make it again soon.
- Mix all ingredients together
- Serve over your favorie dish
Get support & connect with our community on Facebook!
Originally Published June 8, 2020