Love Big Macs? Is fast food your go-to weeknight meal? Forget listening to your kids begging for their fast food favorites when you add this Big Mac Sauce recipe to a quick and healthy meal.
What Is Big Mac Sauce?
Have you ever wondered what you're ACTUALLY eating when you lick the McDonald's Big Mac Sauce from the corners of your mouth? Trust me when I say that you don't want to know. There are dozens of ingredients and it's hard to pronounce most of them.
Instead of taking the time to learn some new words, use your time learning to make homemade Big Mac Sauce you can eat in the comfort of your own home that taste JUST LIKE the real thing.
What is Big Mac Sauce Made Out Of?
Gather up these Big Mac Sauce Ingredients and get to mixing.
- Mayo. Add your favorite low carb version.
- Mustard. The perfect low carb condiment.
- Pickles. Add some crunch.
- Vinegar. Want it tangy? Add this.
- Onions. Nothing better to add flavor.
- Swerve. No need to add the carbs with the sweetness.
- Paprika. If you want the color to be similar, add this.
Is Big Mac Sauce Thousand Island?
While they may seem similar, they are not the same. If they were, do you think you would have people RAVING about thousand island dressing?
Here are the differences:
- Citrus. This sauce is full of savory flavors without adding the carbs from fresh fruit like lemon.
- Ketchup. This condiment can be full of carbs. Who wants that?
- Relish. It can also be full of sweeteners. Chop your own low carb pickles for this recipe.
Can You Buy Big Mac Sauce?
Well, yes. But, why would you want to? It's full of sugar, preservatives, and artificial ingredients. Not to mention it's expensive to buy when you can just make your own!
Use my Big Mac Sauce recipe to make your favorite fast food favorite at home on a whim.
What Can You Use Secret Sauce For?
Well, the obvious choice would be for my Big Mac Salad. But there are so many more things Big Mac Sauce would taste GREAT on.
- Keto Chicken Tenders- great for dipping
- Keto Meatloaf- skip the carb-loaded ketchup topping.
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes- Use it instead of sour cream.
- Chicken Tikka Bites- Your kids will love it!
How Long Does Big Mac Sauce Last?
You can make a double batch of this recipe and save the leftovers to eat again later on anything you need to dip.
If you can get it to last that long, this Big Mac Sauce recipe will last up to 5 days in the fridge.
Want To Make A Homemade Big Mac?
When I originally made this recipe, I wanted to make something low in carbs so I could eat something I loved without the guilt.
Though this is a Keto Big Mac Sauce, this recipe is so amazing, people not counting carbs want it too. SO. If you want to use it for a full-fledged homemade Big Mac experience, no one is judging. Here's how I would do it:
- Bun. Sesame seed bun or not, grab a few to add to.
- Burger. Grab a couple of patties.
- Lettuce. Add a lot to balance out the heaviness of it.
- Cheese. Cheddar is best but use your favorite.
- Onions. Dice them small to make it authentic.
- Pickles. A burger isn't a burger without pickles.
- SAUCE. The most important ingredient. Layer it thick.
A sauce that meets your low carb needs and makes the rest of the family happy? Yes, indeed.
How To Make This Big Mac Sauce Recipe
- Gather ingredients.
- Mix the mustard, mayo, swerve, paprika, and vinegar.
- Dice onions and pickles that will get added to the sauce.
- Mix it all together and serve.
Want More Low Carb Recipes?
- Instant Pot Butter Chicken
- Instant Pot Garlic Parmesan Spaghetti Squash
- Low Carb Garlic Chicken
- Instant Pot Green Beans with Bacon
- Low Carb Italian Sausage Soup
- Instant Pot Chicken
- Instant Pot Chicken Tikka Masala
If you or your family love the flavors of Secret Sauce, you'll love these Big Mac Sauce recipe flavors. If you or your family loves them as much as I do, please share them on Facebook or Instagram to make it again soon.
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below! Just click on the stars in the recipe card to rate. Don't forget to pin this recipe for later!
- Mix all ingredients together
- Serve over your favorie dish
Get support & connect with our community on Facebook!
Originally Published June 8, 2020