This simple but delicious Asparagus and Mushrooms Stir Fry in a light, Chinese-style sauce is perfect as a 15-minute side dish with every meal.
You can even add a little chicken to this dish and you’ve got a whole meal, or you can eat as is for a delightful vegan or vegetarian dinner! No matter how you decide to eat it, you’re sure to find it unbelievably tasty and easy!
This is such a great keto vegetarian recipe, and moreover, it is super fast. So you’ve got yourself a great vegetarian keto recipe in under 20 minutes.
Asparagus and Mushrooms Stir Fry | Keto Asparagus and Mushrooms
There are nights that I need to whip up something quick. The Instant Pot is fast, but sometimes I just want to pan fry some veggies, and that’s how I came up with this Asparagus and Mushrooms Stir Fry.
Okay, let’s be honest. I came up with it because I had asparagus that was about to go bad. Isn’t that how we all cook? Also, I had company for lunch in an hour– and I was running behind.
It’s vegetarian and low-carb, and it’s absolutely delicious and filling. The vegetables don’t turn to mush and still hold all their vitamins and nutrients making this an excellent dinner or side dish for just about any night of the week.
How Do You Trim Asparagus?
You’re only going to use the tender parts of the asparagus for this Asparagus and Mushrooms recipe. To prepare the asparagus, hold a stalk in both hands and snap the end. The stalk will auto-magically break at the tender point. That’s how you get tender-every-time asparagus! Also, you can speed up the process by doing this to multiple spears at the same time.
Also, you can make this dish vegetarian by simply using a vegetable stock in place of the chicken stock and by subbing the oyster sauce with a vegetarian oyster sauce. A couple quick and easy ingredients substitutions and you’re good to go!
So whether you’re looking for a quick and easy side dish or a vegetarian main dish, this Asparagus and Mushrooms Stir Fry is sure to impress. And this recipe is so incredibly simple to make that you might find yourself making this dish on a regular basis. There’s not a lot to this Stir Fried Asparagus recipe, so let’s get cooking!
How to Make a Keto Stir Fry
1. Mix ingredients for sauce.
2. Add the oil, garlic, ginger, and asparagus to the pan.
3. Cook the asparagus a little.
4. Add in mushrooms and sauce.
5. Season with sesame seeds.
6. Serve your wonderful, easy asparagus and mushrooms!
What Goes Well With Asparagus?
Asparagus actually pairs well with foods in both the sweet and salty food spectrum. This recipe would pair well with the sweetness of shrimp, such as my Air Fried Salt and Pepper Shrimp, or a salty dish, such as my Pecan Chicken Tenders.
Looking for more delicious vegetarian side dishes? Check out my Shawarma Green Beans recipe! They’re a light and flavorful dish that is super easy to make in your air fryer!
Another fantastic vegetable side dish is my Keto Creamed Spinach recipe. It makes a quick and delicious side dish for when you want something fast!
Looking for more delicious stir fry recipes? Try my Keto Chili Pork Stir Fry!
This dish really is so simple and so good that you’re sure to throw it into regular rotation! Let me know if you liked it in the comments!
★ Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below! Just click on the stars in the recipe card to rate. Tag me with #TrustUrvashi if you post and I will share your post.
For the Sauce
- In a small bowl, stir together chicken stock, soy sauce, sesame oil, sambal olek, salt, Splenda and xanthan gum. Set aside.
- Heat a 12-inch skillet and once it is hot, add in oil. To the hot oil, add ginger and garlic and stir to flavor the oil. Quickly add in asparagus and stir. Cover the skillet with a lid and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove the lid. If you have any fond at the bottom of the skillet, use about ¼ cup of water and deglaze the bottom of the pan.
- Add the mushrooms and stir to coat with the oil.
- Pour in the sauce, stir quickly, and cover immediately.
- Allow the vegetables to cook for 2 minutes. Then, sprinkle with sesame seeds, and serve.