Sometimes I get a craving for breaded chicken tenders, but the high carb breading just doesn’t work with my low carb diet. Enter Pecan Chicken Tenders. They’re every bit as delicious as breaded chicken tenders without all of the carbs. What’s more, they’re delicious enough for your non-keto family to enjoy right along with you. That’s a win win if I’ve ever seen one.
Pecan Chicken Tenders | Keto Pecan Chicken Tenders
A keto diet doesn’t mean you have to give up on everything breaded. These Pecan Chicken Tenders are a prime example of that. Simply sub out a high carb breading with something like pecans and you’re in business. Deliciously crispy, low carb and delightfully nutty.
You’re probably wondering, how am I going to get a crunchy chicken tender without deep frying them in fatty oil? That’s where the air fryer comes in. (Check out my unbiased review of several air fryers here)
It makes these Pecan Chicken Tenders just as crunchy as a deep fryer would without all the unnecessary fat and oiliness. Not to mention it makes this recipe faster! No long oven bake times or smelly deep fryer oil smells here.
Now when I originally made these, I used honey to get the mustard sweeter, and of course, you can definitely do that. But if you’re trying to make these low carb, I find that a sugar-free maple syrup is just the ticket. it lends a delicious, maple-y flavor, it’s thick enough to help the coating stick, and it all just works beautifully together.
What to serve along with these air fryer keto pecan chicken tenders?
Make it a southern supper by adding my Pressure Cooker Green Beans with Bacon as a side! They’re deliciously savory and low carb.
My Instant Pot Iced Tea is a great way to wash down these chicken tenders while still keeping it low carb! Sweet tea doesn’t have to mean high carb.
It’s a whole meal that feels indulgent, and satisfying, but it’s low carb through and through. Just because you’re eating low carb doesn’t mean you have to eat food that’s low in taste.
What’s more, here’s a meal you can feed a non-keto family with no compunctions. You can always add a side of mashed potatoes or rice to go with this. If you want to know how to make perfect rice in the Instant Pot, by the way, check out my Perfect Rice PDF and Perfect Rice videos.
Remember too that you can use other nuts for this recipe so if you don’t like pecans, try something different–but definitely try this very simple, very delicious recipe for Keto Pecan Chicken TEnders that’s a low carb air fryer recipe made with REAL food, not frozen junk.
? DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? DON’T FORGET TO GIVE IT A STAR RATING BELOW! JUST CLICK ON THE STARS TO RATE.
- Place the chicken tenders in a large bowl.
- Add salt, pepper and smoked paprika and mix well until the chicken is coated with the spices.
- Pour in honey and mustard and mix well.
- Place the finely-crushed pecans on a plate.
- Working with one chicken tender at a time, roll the tenders into the crushed pecans until both sides are coated. Brush off any excess.
- Place the tenders into the air fryer basket and continue until all tenders are coated and in the air fryer basket.
- Set the airfryer to 350F for 12 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the pecans are golden brown before serving.
- For this recipe, you want the nuts crushed fine, but not utterly powdered. The finer they are chopped, the more likely they are to stick to the mustard mixture. If you find yourself getting annoyed by nuts that just won't stay put, just chop them a little bit more and you should be good to go.
Don’t forget to check out my Air Fryer Cookbook!
Every one of the recipes in this book can be made in an hour or less, and many are on the table in as little as 30 minutes. You won’t find “cream of anything” cans in the ingredient list: instead, you’ll start with fresh ingredients–healthful meats and vegetables–and let the air fryer do the hard work. Unleash the full potential of your Air Fryer and eat healthfully every night.