Here’s a quick low carb keto recipe for an Asparagus Cheese Frittata for a fast breakfast or lunch. Asparagus, cheese, and cream combine to make a creamy and tasty keto frittata that comes together with little effort.
Asparagus Cheese Frittata
What I love about Frittata’s, apart from the taste, of course, is that they are as appropriate for lunch or dinner as they are for breakfast. I also love how versatile frittatas are, since you can pretty much add whatever you have in the fridge to be able to make them.
This Asparagus cheese frittata is a little fussier than my normal cooking since it requires you to steam the asparagus separately, but I’ve tried using raw asparagus and it just really doesn’t cook up well enough.
I suppose one could try canned asparagus, but I haven’t done that. It takes so little effort to get steam the asparagus for a few minutes that I haven’t bothered with changing this around.
WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A FRITTATA, A QUICHE, AND AN OMELET?
I think a lot of this is subjective but here are some widely accepted differences.
- A quiche has a crust, while frittatas and omelets don’t
- A frittata is first cooked on the stovetop and then finished in the oven, unlike an omelet that’s made only on the stovetop
- Omelets typically have ingredients folded in, often just into the middle after the eggs are almost set. With quiches and frittatas, the ingredients are cooked into to the dish
- Frittatas often involve precooking the ingredients slightly
CHECK OUT THESE OTHER KETO FRITTATA RECIPES
- Poblano cheese Frittata which is very popular on my site and is made in a pressure cooker.
- Savory Sausage and Veggie Frittata
- A very pretty Ham, Broccoli and pepper bake
- This recipe also makes a great dish for a Mother’s Day brunch! Check out my Keto Mother’s Day Brunch Recipes post for more great ideas!
If you’re looking for more great breakfast recipes, check out my Instant Pot Cranberry Millet Porridge! It’s a wonderful breakfast option and it’s easy to make!
EQUIPMENT YOU MAY NEED TO MAKE THIS ASPARAGUS CHEESE FRITTATA:
- Gowise Air Fryer or Philips Avance XL or Breville Smart Oven Air or just your oven.
- AIr Fryer accessory set or 7-inch pan
- Flat silicone whisk that does a great job of mixing but also sits flat in your drawer
- Tongs to move stuff around. I use either these big silicone tongs or this set of Smaller Tongs which are easier on my hands or Silicone mitts
- Measuring cups
- My favorite cutting board
- Good set of knives
★ Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below! Just click on the stars in the recipe card to rate.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place asparagus in a microwave-safe bowl, add 2 tablespoons of water and cover. Steam for 1-2 minutes until tender crisp.
- In a medium bowl whisk eggs, grated cheese, milk, salt, and pepper and set aside.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a 10-inch oven safe skillet over medium heat.
- Stir in green onions, and saute for a minute.
- Add steamed asparagus, salt, and pepper.
- Add eggs to the skillet making sure eggs cover the vegetables.
- Place the skillet in the oven and cook for about 15-20 minutes until the frittata is cooked through.
- Cut into four wedges and serve.