As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. We may also earn money from the companies mentioned in this post.
I wanted to make a simple egg, sausage, cheese, and veggie frittata. I like the idea of a one-pot meal that combines protein and veggies and doesn’t require you to be a cordon bleu chef to put together. So here is what I did.
Cook up the meat and veggies. Add the eggs and make a pretty tomato circle because why not?
Bake it. Eat it. So simple, right?
- 10 ounce sausage (I think you could do ham, bacon, sausage, italian sausage, or some combo of any of these)
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano Reggiano shredded cheese, divided into two parts
- 1 cup portabella mushrooms, chopped
- 1 leek, washed well and chopped
- 1 cup baby spinach, chopped
- 5 Tomatoes thinly sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
- Ground Black Pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
Turn oven on to 350 degrees.
- Brown the sausage in a pan that you can put into the oven. Just as it is lightly pink in parts and browned in parts, add the chopped leeks and cook until they are soft.
- Add the mushrooms and the spinach and cook until wilted. Take the pan off the heat. Add red pepper flakes if using.
Now, in a separate bowl mix together the half and half , eggs, and half the cheese and the freshly ground pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture over the meat and veggies.
- Lay out the campari tomatoes on top of them. I'm not very talented at food decoration but you could make this look beautiful if you tried.
- Sprinkle the remaining parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the top is lightly brown and the eggs are set. I then broiled mine on high to get the eggs a bit browned.
- Serve with a side salad and you're ready to go!
I am not a registered dietician or nutritionist. Nutritional information is provided a courtesy, and can vary depending on the exact ingredients you use.