Pressure Cooker Low Carb Ground Beef Shawarma with vegetables is an easy, delicious, low carb one-pot meal for your Instant Pot that is flavorful, and super family-friendly. Take the few minutes to make your own shawarma spice. You’ll thank me.
I have this extremely popular Ground Beef Shawarma with rice recipe that is well-loved by all who have tried it. Babies and young children seem to be particularly fond of it, which makes me very happy.
But it’s not low carb. At all.
While it’s true you could make that dish with cauliflower rice as I do my low carb chicken biryani, I wanted to do something a little different.
So, I made this recipe on a Facebook live video. Yes, I cook live on Facebook most Fridays. And yes, I was foolish enough to make this dish while never having made it before, on a live cooking show.
I’m just lucky it worked out!
Actually, I have a few different shawarma dishes you might want to try out:
And now this Low Carb Ground Beef Shawarma with Vegetables.
I get a lot of questions about why I call these dishes shawarma when it’s clearly not just s spit-roasted cylinder of beef and lamb as a shawarma should be. Actually, if you want to know more about this, I wrote a little blurb on what is shawarma in this post.
I do that because I use the same seasonings in these dishes as you would in a typical shawarma.
But if you want a typical gyro like shawarma, I have a wonderful set of recipes for that. You can make your gyro meat either in the oven with this recipe, or here’s an Instant Pot gyro meat recipe for you.
EQUIPMENT YOU MAY NEED TO MAKE THIS INSTANT POT PRESSURE COOKER LOW CARB GROUND BEEF SHAWARMA:
- Instant Pot Mini Duo, or Instant pot 6 quarts, or Instant Pot 8 Quarts
- Measuring Cups
- My favorite Cutting Board
- Good set of Kitchen Knives
- Coffee grinder to make the shawarma spice mix
★ Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below! Just click on the stars in the recipe card to rate.
- Turn your instant pot or pressure cooker on to Sauté. When it is hot, add in the ground beef and break down the chunks into smaller bits. Your only goal here is to break it down so that it doesn't cook as one big chunk. You're not really wasting time browning it. (Watch this video to understand why not)
- Once you have it broken down, add all other ingredients including the shawarma spice mix.
- You won't be adding any water to this recipe as the meat and vegetables release enough water on their own.
- Cook on high pressure for 2 minutes and allow it to release pressure naturally for 5 minutes. After this, release all remaining pressure.
- Serve with a side of tzatziki sauce to further increase the fat content of the meal.
- Cook the ground beef and onions well together, and once they are cooked, add in the other vegetables, add 1/2 cup of water, cover with a lid and cook for 5 minutes until the vegetables are tender-crisp.
- You can substitute any ground meat of your choice.
- Almost all of my recipes freeze well. But I'd be a little cautious about freezing this one as I fear the veggies will get mushy upon reheating.