Keto cake that tastes like real cake--without all the sugar and carbs? Yes please! I hate to say this but most keto cake recipes taste like sawdust. Not mine. I refuse to eat sawdust and you should too. Try my selection of low carb cake and keto cakes and desserts, including this Keto Almond Coconut Blueberry Cake or cakelet as I like to call it. Keto Almond Coconut Blueberry cakelets are gluten-free and low carb, but full of real cake flavor. Whip up a batch in just a few minutes.
How to Make A Great Keto Cake Recipe
It’s taken me a long time to come up with a keto cake recipe that works. But as soon as I cracked the code on the base keto cake recipe, I’ve gone to town on variations. Everything from Instant Pot Coconut Almond Cake, to a baked Almond Coconut cake, to Flourless chocolate cake, to Carrot cake to Brownies and Lemon Poppyseed Muffins have been coming out of my kitchen these days.
I suck at cutesy food pics and proper food art. So I decided to try some little silicone cake molds to help me make these Keto Almond Coconut Blueberry cakelets. I thought they’d be cute, and cook faster.
Well, they are cute, but they didn’t cook faster. I suspect this is because I increased the whipping cream in this recipe, but it was totally worth the additional time.
ANOTHER FANTASTIC KETO CAKE RECIPE IS MY KETO LEMON POUND CAKE!
The cakelets are moist, light, and delicious. And did I mention keto? Keto desserts and keto cake will save your diet when you're jonesing for something sweet but want to stay on your plan.
The blueberries added a wonderful flavor, color, and look to these cakes. I used frozen thawed blueberries because that's what I had, but fresh blueberries would work as well, as long as you get small ones since the cups barely hold about a tablespoon of batter at a time.
Want More Keto Recipes?
- Instant Pot Butter Chicken- My most famous recipe.
- Buffalo Chicken Casserole- the perfect appetizer or meal.
- Keto Chicken Tenders- Your kids will beg you for these.
- French Garlic Chicken- Sauce good enough to drink.
- Creamy Chicken Salad- Great for meal prep.
- Chicken Enchilada Casserole- Comfort food without the carbs.
- 3 (3 ) Eggs
- 1 cup (112 g) Superfine Almond Flour
- 1/3 cup (79.33 g) Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/3 cup (0.33 g) Truvia
- 1/4 cup (23.25 g) Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 1/4 cup (54.5 g) Coconut Oil or Melted Butter
- 1 teaspoon (1 teaspoon) Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) Almond Extract
- 1/4 cup (37 g) Frozen Blueberries, thawed
- Heat oven to 350F
- Place all ingredients except blueberries into the bowl of a stand mixer or into a blender and whip until light and frothy.
- Stir in the blueberries.
- Pour into silicone molds or other mini cupcake molds
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cakelet emerges clean.
- For best results, wait until they’ve cooled before attempting to unmold. Although if you don’t, you have an excuse to scarf the broken ones before serving the rest.
Get support & connect with our community on Facebook!
Don't forget to check out my other Keto cookbooks.
Keto Instant Pot, Keto Fat Bombs, Sweets, & Treats, and Easy keto in 30 minutes.
I need your advice. First batch burned, 35 min too much op much bake time. Second batch bake 15 min . Still very dry. I even added 3 more tablespoons butter to second batch. Used half & half for the cream. Used Splenda. Batter is like cookie batter, much thicker than cake Thank you for your help. Im a rookie Jeto Baker.
Hi there. Did you change the recipe or substitute anything? Because I’d not it should work exactly as written.
I had a hard time getting the batter 'fluffy' with a hand mixer, maybe it was due to the almond flour? Does it need another flour paired with it to hold together. Half of the muffin stuck to my greased, metal, mini muffin tin(would only use silicone mold or paper liners for future) and they did not hold together too well. The ingredients I like, but need to experiment with flour combinations, I guess. Thank you for sharing!
No this recipe has worked as written for many people, without another flour being incorporated. I wonder If you’re thinking you need to beat more than you do? I do find Keto baking works best in silicone pans.
Can’t wait to try this out. How do I prepare the silicone molds?
You could spray the molds lightly or use a brush to oil them lightly.
Can i sub coconut flour for the almond flour? Or tapioca flour?
No sadly those are not interchangeable