Keto cake that tastes like real cake--without all the sugar and carbs? Yes please! I hate to say this but most keto cake recipes taste like sawdust. Not mine. I refuse to eat sawdust and you should too. Try my selection of low carb cake and keto cakes and desserts, including this Keto Almond Coconut Blueberry Cake or cakelet as I like to call it. Keto Almond Coconut Blueberry cakelets are gluten-free and low carb, but full of real cake flavor. Whip up a batch in just a few minutes.
How to Make A Great Keto Cake Recipe
It’s taken me a long time to come up with a keto cake recipe that works. But as soon as I cracked the code on the base keto cake recipe, I’ve gone to town on variations. Everything from Instant Pot Coconut Almond Cake, to a baked Almond Coconut cake, to Flourless chocolate cake, to Carrot cake to Brownies and Lemon Poppyseed Muffins have been coming out of my kitchen these days.
I suck at cutesy food pics and proper food art. So I decided to try some little silicone cake molds to help me make these Keto Almond Coconut Blueberry cakelets. I thought they’d be cute, and cook faster.
Well, they are cute, but they didn’t cook faster. I suspect this is because I increased the whipping cream in this recipe, but it was totally worth the additional time.
ANOTHER FANTASTIC KETO CAKE RECIPE IS MY KETO LEMON POUND CAKE!
The cakelets are moist, light, and delicious. And did I mention keto? Keto desserts and keto cake will save your diet when you're jonesing for something sweet but want to stay on your plan.
The blueberries added a wonderful flavor, color, and look to these cakes. I used frozen thawed blueberries because that's what I had, but fresh blueberries would work as well, as long as you get small ones since the cups barely hold about a tablespoon of batter at a time.
Want More Keto Recipes?
- Instant Pot Butter Chicken- My most famous recipe.
- Buffalo Chicken Casserole- the perfect appetizer or meal.
- Keto Chicken Tenders- Your kids will beg you for these.
- French Garlic Chicken- Sauce good enough to drink.
- Creamy Chicken Salad- Great for meal prep.
- Chicken Enchilada Casserole- Comfort food without the carbs.
Keto Almond Coconut Blueberry Cakelets
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup Superfine Almond Flour
- 1/3 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/3 cup Truvia
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil or Melted Butter
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Almond Extract
- 1/4 cup Frozen Blueberries thawed
- Heat oven to 350F
- Place all ingredients except blueberries into the bowl of a stand mixer or into a blender and whip until light and frothy.
- Stir in the blueberries.
- Pour into silicone molds or other mini cupcake molds
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cakelet emerges clean.
- For best results, wait until they’ve cooled before attempting to unmold. Although if you don’t, you have an excuse to scarf the broken ones before serving the rest.