Easily make this delightfully sweet Pandan Cake right in your Instant Pot! This Indonesian dessert is wonderfully soft, moist, and crazy delicious.
Why Pandan Cake Is The Cake You Never Knew You Needed
What is Pandan?
It's a lovely green extract that has a unique flavor. Some say it's like an exotic vanilla with a fresh herbal overtone. Others say words can't describe the flavor, and to just enjoy it. I say it's delicious and try to use it in as many things as possible!
Can You Bake A Chiffon Cake In The Instant Pot?
Despite what you may think, baking in the Instant Pot is not only easy, but makes incredible food. This Pandan cake, and any of the cakes I've made in my Instant Pot, doesn't turn out soggy, but is beautifully moist and fully cooked at the same time.
Why Does Chiffon Cake Have A Hole In The Middle?
Chiffon cake is traditionally baked in a bundt pan to help the delicate batter rise.
If you try baking this cake in a larger pan without a hole in the middle, the weight of the cake may cause the cake to sink in the middle.
What Is Pandan Cake Made Of?
Except for the pandan extract, you likely already have all of the ingredients you need for this yummy Chiffon Cake in your kitchen!
Here's what you'll need:
- Granulated sugar
- Evaporated Milk, or coconut milk
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Pandan Extract
How To Make Pandan Cake
- Grease. Grease a 6 cup bundt pan.
- Blend. Using a stand mixer or a hand mixer, blend together the eggs, oil and sugar until the sugar has dissolved and the eggs are whipped. Pour in the milk and pandan extract and continue blending.
- Add dry ingredients. Add in flour and baking powder and blend to a smooth batter.
- Pour. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and cover with foil.
- Place. Place 1.5 cups of water into the Instant Pot. Add a steamer rack. Place the cake pan on the steamer rack.
- Cook. Close the lid and select PRESSURE COOK on HIGH for 20 minutes. Allow the pot to rest undisturbed for 10 minutes, and then release all remaining pressure.
- Cool. Remove the cake pan, allow it to cool for 10 minutes then remove the Pandan cake from the bundt pan.
Looking For More Great Cake Recipes?
- This Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake uses coconut flour to give the cakes a little body --perfect for those who can’t use almond flour.
- This Gluten-Free Carrot Cake is going to absolutely blow your mind! It’s so good you’ll swear it’s just straight-up carrot cake and it’s a keto recipe as well.
- If you’re looking for a delicious, moist, and absolutely crave-worthy cake recipe, this Keto Lemon Pound Cake recipe is for you.
- Ginger Cassava Cake - A quick, simple, gluten-free, vegan dessert recipe.
I'm so excited for you to try this Instant Pot Pandan Cake! It's unlike any other cake you've eaten, and I'm sure you're going to love it! Make sure to share this recipe with your friends on Pinterest and Facebook so they can enjoy it as well!
- Grease a 6 cup bundt pan.
- Add in flour and baking powder and blend to a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and cover with foil.
- Close the lid and select PRESSURE COOK on HIGH for 20 minutes. Allow the pot to rest undisturbed for 10 minutes, and then release all remaining pressure.
- Remove the cake pan, allow it to cool for 10 minutes then remove the cake from the bundt pan.
- Make sure to allow the cake to cool before trying to remove it from the pan.