Make a festive Instant Pot Apple Cake with a simple box mix and some fresh apples!
This is a recipe for an Instant Pot Apple cake. It’s my husband’s birthday tomorrow and I love him but it’s also 100 degrees in Texas and I really didn’t want the oven on. So I made an apple cake in the Instant Pot.
This recipe is not at all keto or low carb. I plan to try it that way, but the way I made this was by just using a quick ready muffin mix. To make this Instant Pot Apple Cake, you will need to do the Pot-in-Pot cooking.
What is Pot-in-Pot Cooking?
- This is just a fancy way of saying you’ll be placing some water in the inner liner of your Instant Pot.
- Then, you’re going to place a steamer rack in the liner, with the water below it.
- You’ll use a smaller pot that can fit inside your Instant pot to place the apples and the muffin mix into.
- You’re going to cover this cake pot with either silicone or foil to keep the condensation out and place it on top of the steamer rack.
- Now you have liner +water + steamer rack +cake pan+lid.
The steps for this Instant Pot Apple Cake are:
- Line a 6-inch pan with apples
- Pour muffin mix on top
- Cook PIP for 20 mins, 10 mins NPR
- Sprinkle sugar and broil
★ Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below! Just click on the stars in the recipe card to rate.
Quick cake in your pressure cooker or Instant Pot using a cake mix and some fresh apples
- Oil a 6-inch round pan.
- Into the pan, layer thinly sliced apples along the bottom, and up the sides a little. Don't worry about this being perfect, just make sure you're overlapping slices so you have the bottom and a portion of the sides covered in apples.
- Sprinkle the apple pie spice on the apples.
- Prepare the muffin mix according to the directions, combining it with the milk.
- Pour the mix on top of the apples. Cover this bowl with foil or a silicone lid.
In the inner liner of your Instant Pot, place two cups of water, and a steamer rack. Place the foil-covered pot on the rack.
- Cook the cake on high pressure for 20 minutes and let it NPR for 10 minutes.
- Remove the carefully and let it cool for 5-10 minutes before overturning carefully.
- Turn on your oven broiler and sprinkle the overturned cake with sugar.
- Broil until the sugar melts and caramelizes, about 5-7 minutes.
I am not a registered dietician or nutritionist. Nutritional information is provided a courtesy, and can vary depending on the exact ingredients you use.