If you're searching for the perfect dip for your next veggie tray, look no further than this easy Greek Yogurt Dip with Spinach for the perfect healthy combination of flavors.
What Is Borani?
To put it very simply, Borani Persian Yogurt Spinach Dip is a dip that is made from greek yogurt, spices, and flavorful vegetables.
This very simple but tasty Persian Yogurt Spinach Dip is called Borani (or Borhani). While you can make Borani with a variety of other ingredients such as eggplant (borani bademjan) or beetroot I made this one with Spinach, or Borani Esfanaj.
This is one of those recipes that is so simple that I wonder about posting it, but the fact is, it was delicious. And if something is both easy and delicious, it's definitely one of my favorite things.
What Can You Eat With This Persian Yogurt Spinach Dip?
Here are a few things I've tried in this tasty appetizer:
What Can You Mix With Plain Greek Yogurt?
If you're looking for other delicious things you can mix with plain Greek yogurt to make healthy and tasty dips, check out two of my other dip recipes that are sure not to disappoint:
- Tzatziki - perfect for dipping veggies or drizzling over gyros
- Borani Beet Dip - a beautiful beet and yogurt dip that is both easy and delicious.
Check out my Cold Start Instant Pot Yogurt recipe and use your own homemade yogurt to make this delicious recipe!
How To Make Greek Yogurt Dip
I made this Yogurt Spinach Dip in my Instant Pot but this cooks so fast that there's no reason you can't do it stovetop or really, even in the microwave.
- Cook vegetables in a pressure cooker for 2 mins Low Pressure with a quick pressure release
- Mix with yogurt
- Chill and Serve
How Long Does Greek Yogurt Dip Last?
When I make this Greek Yogurt Dip with Spinach, it generally doesn't last longer than an afternoon. However, your family might not like to snack quite as much as mine. If you have extra to save for later, this dip will last up to two weeks in the refrigerator.
If you choose to store it, make sure you cover it well and stir well before serving a second (or third) time.
Want More Tasty Appetizers?
If you love this Greek Yogurt Dip with Spinach as much as my family does, make sure you share it on Facebook and Pinterest so your friends can try it too.
- 10 ounces (283.5 g) fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup (80 g) onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons (2 tablespoons) Water
- 4 cloves (4 cloves) Garlic
- 1 cup (200 g) Full-Fat Greek Yogurt, or sub vegan yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) Ground Black Pepper
- Place spinach, garlic, onions, and water into your pressure cooker.
- Cook for 2 minutes at low pressure, and release pressure quickly.
- Smoosh the veggies with the back of your spoon to mix up and crush any big pieces.
- Mix in with yogurt and black pepper. Chill before serving.
- Variations:-Roast and grind together 1/2 teaspoon cumin and 1 teaspoon coriander seeds and add.-Add 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon- Add 2 tablespoons chopped dill- Add 1/4 cup chopped cilantro-Throw in 1/2 jalapeño during cooking, and be sure to crush it well afterwards.