Air fryer Korean Dae Ji Bulgogi or Pork Bulgogi is a wonderful way to get a savory, umami, spicy Korean grilled pork dish for an easy weeknight dinner. Wrap up the meat in lettuce leaves and enjoy a fabulous low carb keto dinner.
If you can marinade and prepare this Dae Ji Bulgogi the night before, this cooks in just 15 minutes! It's the perfect way to have dinner ready quickly if you have a rushed night or are just too tired to cook.
HOW IS DAE JI BULGOGI DIFFERENT FROM REGULAR BULGOGI?
Dae Ji Bulgogi is very similar to regular bulgogi, but instead of using beef, you make this as a pork bulgogi instead. Just like regular bulgogi, it too is made with gochujang, which is a Korean red pepper paste and is used in several of my recipes like my Keto Air Fryer Korean Chicken Wings. It has amazing flavor and you should pick it up if you see it in the store!
If you'd like to make this in the Instant Pot, here's an Instant Pot Daeji Bulgogi recipe as well.
Here are the two air fryers I have been using. The smaller Gowise and the larger Phillips Avance. I love them both equally well so far. The Phillips is 2100 watts and the Gowise is 1400 watts, and they both hold about 1 pound of meat in a single layer. Honestly, I don't think you could go wrong with either.
Looking for more Korean recipes? In under 30 minutes, have delicious Pressure Cooker Keto Bo-Ssäm Pork & Noodles that the whole family will enjoy! Also, check out my Air Fryer Korean Tacos. These tacos are crazy easy to make, and you're going to love the flavors!
EQUIPMENT YOU MAY NEED TO MAKE THIS AIR FRYER KOREAN GRILLED PORK DAE JI BULGOGI:
- Gowise Air Fryer or Philips Avance XL or Breville Smart Oven Air
- Meat Thermometer. Essential for Air Fryer cooking!
- AIr Fryer accessory set or 7-inch pan
- Tongs to move stuff around. I use either these big silicone tongs or this set of Smaller Tongs which are easier on my hands
- Measuring cups
- My favorite cutting board
- Good set of knives
? Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below! Just click on the stars in the recipe card to rate.
- 1 lb (453.59 g) Boneless Pork Shoulder, cut into 1/2" thick slices
- 1 (1 ) Onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp (2 tbsp) gochujang , (Korean red pepper paste)
- 1 tbsp (1 tbsp) Minced Ginger
- 1 tbsp (1 tbsp) Minced Garlic
- 1 tbsp (1 tbsp) Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp (1 tbsp) rice wine
- 1 tbsp (1 tbsp) Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp (1 tsp) Sugar Or Other Sweetener Equivalent
- 1/4-1 tsp (0.25 tsp) Gochugaru, or cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp (1 tbsp) Sesame Seeds
- 1/4 cup (25 g) Chopped Green Scallions
- In a large bowl, mix together the pork with the onion, gochujang, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, rice wine, sesame oil, sugar, and cayenne and allow it to marinate for 30 minutes or up to 24 hours in the refrigerator.
- Place the pork and onion slices into the air fryer basket, discarding the excess marinade.
- Set your airfryer to 400ºF and cook for 15 minutes, flipping pork over half way through.
- Test with a meat thermometer to ensure the pork has reached an internal temperature of 165ºF before serving.
Watch The Video
Get support & connect with our community on Facebook!
WATCH THE VIDEO HERE TO SEE HOW TO MAKE KOREAN DAEJI BULGOGI
Air fryer Korean Dae Ji Bulgogi or Pork Bulgogi is a wonderful way to get a savory, umami, spicy Korean grilled pork dish for an easy weeknight dinner. Wrap up the meat in lettuce leaves and enjoy a fantastic low carb meal!
Don't forget to check out my Air Fryer Cookbook!
Every one of the recipes in this book can be made in an hour or less, and many are on the table in as little as 30 minutes. You won’t find “cream of anything” cans in the ingredient list: instead, you’ll start with fresh ingredients–healthful meats and vegetables–and let the air fryer do the hard work. Unleash the full potential of your Air Fryer and eat healthfully every night.