Get all of your favorite flavors of traditional Chicken Shawarma made in the air fryer! Not only is it quick, easy, and delicious, but it's also a great low carb meal solution.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Fast. Compared to traditional shawarma, this is done in under an hour.
- Easy. Marinate the chicken, toss in your air fryer, and cook.
- Unique. A tasty chicken dish that is different than many of your other favorites.
- Delicious. An amazing spice blend that will make this a recipe you'll reach for time and time again.
Ingredients You'll Need
- Dried Oregano
- Ground Cinnamon
- Ground Allspice
- Cayenne pepper
- Ground Cumin
- Ground Coriander
- Kosher Salt
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Thigh
- Vegetable Oil
How To Make Chicken Shawarma In The Air Fryer
Make The Shawarma Spice
In a small bowl combine oregano, cinnamon, allspice, cayenne, cumin, coriander, and salt.
For detailed information on how to make the Shawarma spice, check out my recipe: Shawarma Spice
Prepare The Chicken
- In a large bowl combine chicken, oil, and shawarma spice mix; toss to coat. Allow the chicken to soak up the spices for 30 minutes at room temperature. If you're making this recipe ahead of time, you can refrigerate for up to 24 hours with the spice mix coating the chicken.
- Place chicken in the air fryer basket and air fry as directed.
- Check the internal temperature of the chicken to ensure proper food safety.
- Transfer chicken to a serving platter. Serve with your favorite toppings.
Tips And Tricks
- Let it marinate. The longer it sits in the spice blend, the more flavorful the chicken will be.
- Spray the basket of your air fryer. For easier cleanup, spray the basket of your air fryer with nonstick spray.
- Dress it up. No matter what dietary needs you may have, you can always make a recipe better by layering flavors. Use some of my suggestions below for the best plate of Chicken Shawarma.
What To Serve With It
This Air Fryer Chicken Shawarma is so tasty you don't NEED anything extra to enjoy the dish. However, layering flavors is always a great idea to experience the full potential of a dish.
Here are some of my favorite things to top my chicken with:
How Long Does It Last?
As long as you keep the spiced chicken separate from the toppings, you can expect this dish to be just as amazing as the day you made it for 3-5 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Believe it or not, you can even freeze the seasoned meat to enjoy later. If you're cooking for a small family or just one or two people, you can place any leftovers in a freezer-safe container or storage bag. Enjoy the chicken shawarma within 4 months for the best results.
More Simple Recipes Using Shawarma Spice
If you're a fan of Shawarma spice, you're sure to love this Air Fried Green Beans with Shawarma Spice recipe too! It's a light and flavorful side dish that's made right in your air fryer.
Another fantastic shawarma recipe is my Low Carb Ground Beef Shawarma! It's an easy, delicious one pot meal that's low carb as well!
If you love this air fryer Chicken Shawarma as much as we do, make sure you share it with your friends on Facebook and Instagram so they can try it. Don't forget to Pin it so you can make it again soon.
Air Fried Chicken Shawarma
- Gowise Air Fryer
- Silicone Tongs
For the Shawarma Spice
- 2 teaspoons Dried Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
For the Chicken
- 1 pound Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs cut into large bite-size chunks
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- Tzatziki (greek yogurt-cucumber dip)
- Pita Bread
- For the shawarma spice: In a small bowl combine oregano, cinnamon, allspice, cayenne, cumin, coriander, and salt.
- For the chicken: In a large bowl combine chicken, oil, and shawarma spice mix; toss to coat. Allow to stand for 30 minutes at room temperature or cover and chill up to 24 hours in the refrigerator.
- Place chicken in the air fryer basket. Set air fryer to 350°F for 15 minutes.
- At the end of cook time, use a meat thermometer to ensure chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165°F.
- For serving: Transfer chicken to a serving platter. Serve with tzatziki and pita bread.
- Nuritional value do not include tzatziki and pita bread