This recipe for Pressure Cooker Indian Zucchini Kheer recipe is a bit of a fusion recipe, because we don’t actually have Zucchini in India.
We do have a kheer we make using something called a bottle gourd, which I’ve never seen in the U.S. But I had a bunch of zucchini sitting in the fridge staring at me balefully and I decided it was time to create a kheer recipe.
The problem for me is that I can’t use condensed milk due to the sugar, and most of the kheer recipes out there definitely ask for condensed milk.
I can see why because after all, it is a dessert, but more importantly, you want a thick base for any kheer, which condensed milk provides.
So I thought well, I’ll just see about creating a kheer recipe with evaporated milk, because this way I can control the type of sugar that I put into it.
And that is the story of how this Pressure Cooker Indian Zucchini Kheer Recipe came to be.
EQUIPMENT & INGREDIENTS YOU MAY NEED TO MAKE PRESSURE COOKER INDIAN ZUCCHINI KHEER:
- Instant Pot Mini Duo or Instant Pot 6 quart or Instant Pot 8 Quart
- Measuring cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Cutting Board (my fav one)
- Good set of Kitchen knives
- Presto Salad Shooter for shredding Zucchini
- Ground Cardamom
Super easy Indian Zucchini Kheer made in minutes in your pressure cooker or Instant Pot. Great way to use up all that summer zucchini in a sweet, exotic dessert.
Place all ingredients except the ground cardamom into your pressure cooker.
- Cook for 10 minutes on high pressure. Allow it to release pressure naturally for 10 minutes and then release all remaining pressure.
- Add in ground cardamom and stir.
- Serve hot or allow it to chill before serving.
I am not a registered dietician or nutritionist. Nutritional information is provided a courtesy, and can vary depending on the exact ingredients you use.