Do you ever have those dishes that you could eat six servings of and be so full but still want more? Lasagna is definitely one of those dishes for me. However, it's not the healthiest option to be shoveling by the pound into my mouth. That's why I made this Low Carb Lasagna that's just meat and cheese.
Why Should I Make This Low Carb Lasagna?
This Low Carb Lasagna allows you to enjoy all the flavors of traditional lasagna without all the carbs to ruin the fun. Most of the flavor in lasagna comes from the meat and cheese anyways so, you will get the maximum amount of flavor with this recipe.
Did I mention how extremely easy this is to make? You will be surprised at the lack of effort it takes, especially in comparison with traditional lasagna.
Is Keto Lasagna As Good As Traditional Lasagna?
It's even better than regular lasagna, in my opinion. There's no need to fill up on the flavorless noodles when you can enjoy a flavor-packed bite of meat and cheese every time.
Of course, lasagna is traditionally made with layers of pasta, meat sauce, ricotta, and so on. However, as you can see, I didn't take the traditional route in order to make it a Keto Lasagna. When going low carb, pasta is definitely a no-no. There are ways to make your lasagna where you don't even care that the noodles are missing and this recipe is one of those ways.The only spice you'll need for this Low-Carb Lasagna is Italian seasoning. Nothing fancy, just a spice you most likely already have in your cabinet. This is made in a Lodge cast iron skillet which means you don't have to go through a million steps, layering it into a pan, there's only two layers, meat and cheese. This should freeze pretty well however, the cheese and flavor of the meat won't be near as good when reheated.
Does This Low Carb Lasagna Use Zucchini?
This particular recipe doesn't include zucchini in the ingredients. But, if you're looking for more delicious Lasagna recipes, check out my Keto Lasagna recipe! This recipe uses zucchini "noodles" in place of lasagna pasta, making it completely keto-friendly!
If you're looking for an easy and delicious alternative to your beloved lasagna, you're going to love this Low Carb Lasagna dish. There's no worry about a lack of flavor with this dish either.
You'll be pleasantly surprised when you take that first bite and it's bursting flavor unlike a lot of other low carb foods. But, I guarantee it will be a family favorite as well.
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below! Just click on the stars in the recipe card to rate. Don't forget to pin this recipe for later!
For Meat Layer
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the celery, onion & ground beef and cook until meat is no longer pink.
- Add the rest of the ingredients of the meat layer and let it cook on a gentle heat.
- Meanwhile, mix up your cheese layer (saving half your mozzarella cheese) and spread it gently over the top of the meat mixture
- Cover the top with the remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Cover the skillet and let it cook on medium low heat for 10-15 minutes until the cheese has warmed and has cooked through.
- Place the pan under a hot broiler for 2-3 minutes to brown the top.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before slicing (the lasagna will hold together better).
Get support & connect with our community on Facebook!
Don't forget to check out my other Keto cookbooks.
Want More Keto Recipes?
- Instant Pot Butter Chicken
- Instant Pot Garlic Parmesan Spaghetti Squash
- Low Carb Garlic Chicken
- Instant Pot Green Beans with Bacon
- Low Carb Italian Sausage Soup
- Instant Pot Chicken
- Instant Pot Chicken Tikka Masala