My forum-friend Ruth made this wonderful salad and posted pictures to tease us with. Looks delicious, doesn’t it?
10 min. prep / 40 min. total
- 1 cup wheatberries, dried
- 1/2 cup cranberries, dried
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups kale, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1 yellow or red pepper, diced
- Rinse wheat berries. Combine with 8 cups water in a medium pot. Bring to boil, then reduce heat to medium high. Cook covered for 30-35 minutes.
- Stir in cranberries during the last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- Whisk oil with vinegar and salt in a large bowl. Season with fresh pepper.
- Stir in wheat berry mixture, kale, onions and red/yellow pepper. Serve immediately.
- Keeps well left over in the refrigerator for 1 day.
Add cooked diced chicken, or chick peas bacon. Doing so will give you a complete protein.
I am not a registered dietician or nutritionist. Nutritional information is provided a courtesy, and can vary depending on the exact ingredients you use.