Roasted beets are easy, taste sweet, and have an amazing texture. Once you learn how to roast beets in an oven or in the air fryer, you might find yourself making beet recipes much more often!
Beets are nutrition and flavor bombs, especially when cooked correctly. One of the nicest things about beets, is that they are like me, #ruthlesslyefficient.
Every part of the beet is edible--from the beet root, to the beet stems and to the beet greens. All you need is to know how to cook the beets. I always look for beets with the greens since those leaves can be very tasty.
How To Roast Beets
But if you're looking for an easy baked beets recipe, you are in the right place.
How To Make Roasted Beets in The Oven
Oven-roasted air fryer beets are delicious and relatively tidy. Roasting Beets make them taste more caramelized and sweet than boiled or steamed beets can, but it does take longer to cook them than making Instant Pot Beets.
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Scrub the beets and cut them in half for faster cooking. Toss beets with a little oil, salt, and pepper.
- Place the beets on a large sheet of foil. Wrap the foil around the beets.
- Bake the beets for 40-50 minutes until the baked beets are tender.
- For a grilled taste to your beets, open up the foil, and broil the beets for about 5 minutes.
- If you plan to do this, you may want to peel the beets before cooking, and perhaps also cut into wedges for maximizing the caramelly surface.
How To Cook Beets in The Air Fryer
There are a couple of reasons why I love air frying the beets. The biggest reason is no water to get rid of, no pan to wash with beet liquid.
But the other reason is taste. Roasted beets have a sweeter taste, and air frying is like roasting to some extent.
I wrote a long article on how to determine which air fryer is best for you that you may be interested in.
Below, I'm showing you how to season and air fry beets all in one go.
- Scrub the beets.
- Peel and cut the beets into quarters. Place the beets in a large bowl.
- Drizzle the beets with olive oil, salt, and pepper, or use chermoula or zhoug to coat and season the beets.
- Set the Air fryer to 380°F for 25-30 minutes or until tender.
What To Do With Beet Greens
Really, every part of a beetroot is edible (apart from the little tail). The beet greens are a tasty and nutritious part of the plant.
Can You Eat Beets Raw?
Yes, you can. But the way to make them taste good is like in this beet salad recipes.
- Wash and peel them well.
- Grate them so you have smaller pieces of beets.
- Tenderize them with a little acid such as lemon or lime juice.
They are very crunchy when eaten this way--crunchy in a good way--and are also less likely to have the more earthy taste that cooked beets can have.
Are Beets Keto?
Unfortunately, beets aren't the most keto-friendly food choice. If you eat them in moderation, you can still manage to fit them into your macros.
However, they contain 10 carbs per cup. They're also very high in natural sugars, so they may cause your body to fall out of ketosis if eaten in high amounts.
- Air Fryer Roasted Beets
- Raw Beet Salad
- Instant Pot Beet Salad
- Instant Pot Borscht
- Beet Salad Recipe With Lentils
So if you've been wondering how to cook beets, how to prepare beets, or how to roast beets now you know! Go roast some beets right away. Pin this post and share it on Facebook with your friends!
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below! Just click on the stars in the recipe card to rate. Don't forget to pin this recipe for later!
- 4 large Beets
Air Fryer Beets
- Scrub the beets. Peel and cut the beets into quarters. Place the beets in a large bowl.
Oven Roasted Beets
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Scrub the beets and cut them in half for faster cooking. Toss beets with a little oil, salt, and pepper. Place the beets on a large sheet of foil.
- Wrap the foil around the beets. Place another sheet of foil on a baking pan to catch any juices. Place the foil-wrapped beets on top of the lined baking sheet.
- Bake the beets for 40-50 minutes until the beets are tender.
- For a roasted taste to your beets, open up the foil, and broil the beets for about 5 minutes. If you plan to do this, you may want to peel the beets before cooking, and cut into wedges.
- Nutritional info is for one beet.
- Please read the detailed post above for tips and tricks.