One of the wonderful things about my sleeve journey has been the friends that I’ve made along the way. The ones that you can talk to about everything from fear of your staples popping loose, to how you haven’t gone potty in a while, to “I am so sick of counting every calorie!” The ones that listen to you bitch when you hit a neverending stall and you’re sure you’re failing.
Well Erin is one of those friends. In addition to trying out and reporting on many of the recipes I make up, she is also very diligent about planning menus for her family, and about actually following the weekly plan. I mean, I could make a plan but 10 mins later I’d be distracted by a bumblebee and it would be all over.
So I asked Erin if she would share what she’s making for her family with us. Many of her recipes, including this one, come from www.skinnytaste.com as did this one. Unlike me, Erin is actually a good person so she follows the recipe instead of just winging it. Here’s the actually recipe and directions.
Serves 4 regular servings, 8 sleever sizes with sides of veggies
Erin's Asian Glazed Drumsticks
- 8 chicken drumsticks, skin removed (can also use thighs)
- olive oil spray
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha hot sauce (more or less to taste)
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey (or sugar)
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger grated
- 2 tablespoons chives or scallions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- In a heavy large saucepan, brown chicken on high for 3-4 minutes with a little spray oil.
- Add water, balsamic, soy sauce, honey, garlic, ginger, hot sauce and cook on high until liquid comes to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered for about 20 minutes.
- Remove cover and bring heat to high, allowing sauce to reduce down, about 8-10 minutes, until it becomes thick, turning chicken occasionally. (Keep an eye on glaze, you don't want it to burn when it start becoming thick)
- Transfer chicken to a platter and pour sauce on top. Top with chives and sesame seeds and serve