Are you on a keto diet and missing dessert? Are you just dying for some keto chocolate truffles? I have a recipe for keto truffles that is so good that you might want to try it even if you aren’t following a keto diet. Low carb chocolates that taste good? Yes indeed!
Low carb desserts, and sugar-free desserts can really help you stick to your keto diet without feeling deprived. Make those low carb chocolates, and you are home free.
I have accepted that I need sweets sometimes, and I find it’s easier to plan to make keto sweets than fail at the last minute. I’ve been wanting to make a keto version of truffles but I wanted something fast, with very little cooking.
Well, I got half my wish. There’s not much cooking–really it was ONE MINUTE in the microwave. But it requires pre-planning because you actually need to put it in the freezer or a little bit, and then save it in the fridge.
But still, it’s mainly hands-off time. I rolled half in cocoa and half with coconut shreds and I prefer the ones with the coconut shreds. I think next time I will use slightly sweetened cocoa because the unsweetened cocoa tastes a little bitter for a minute.
At 1 gm of net carbs, it’s a great easy, delicious dessert that satisfies my sweet craving at night.
TIPS TO MAKING GOOD KETO CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES | LOW CARB CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES
After a little bit of playing around, here is what I have learned
- Do not skimp on the chilling time. This can make ALL the difference between a fun experience, and a very frustrating experience as you make these keto chocolate truffles. You will need to chill twice: once after you’ve microwaved all ingredients so that the chocolate ganache can stiffen, and once after you’ve shaped it into truffles.
- If your chocolate seizes or turns into a big sticky, grainy mess,don’t panic. Use 1 tablespoon of hot water at a time and stir vigorously to incorporate and melt your chocolate.
- If you don’t feel like making truffle shapes with this, you can always turn this into a pourable ganache, and ice some low carb keto cakes that I have listed such as the keto chocolate cake, the coconut almond cake or any other keto cake that you like.
- I used Lily’s chocolate chips to make this. You can also use unsweetened Baker’s chocolate. In that case, you will need to add 1/4-1/3 cup of erythritol to sweeten.
Easy 1-minute microwave keto truffles. Are you on a keto diet and missing dessert? Are you just dying for some keto chocolate truffles? I have a recipe for keto truffles that is so good that you might want to try it even if you aren't following a keto diet. Low carb chocolates that taste good? Yes indeed!
Place chocolate chips, cream, butter, espresso, and vanilla into a heatproof bowl and microwave for 1 minute.
- Stir everything together with a spatula until everything is well-mixed.
- Place in freezer for 30 mins or more until the mixture solidifies.
- Place cocoa and coconut shreds in two small places.
- Remove truffle mix from the freezer and make 16 small balls. Place half the balls in the cocoa plate, one at a time and roll them around until they're coated and set aside.
Press the coconut shreds into the remaining truffles and form into round balls.
Set both lots in the fridge to set for about 30 minutes, or until ready to serve.
I am not a registered dietician or nutritionist. Nutritional information is provided a courtesy, and can vary depending on the exact ingredients you use.