Are you on a keto diet and missing dessert? Are you just dying for some keto chocolate truffles? I have a recipe for keto truffles that is so good that you might want to try it even if you aren’t following a keto diet. Low carb chocolates that taste good? Yes indeed!
Low carb desserts, and sugar-free desserts can really help you stick to your keto diet without feeling deprived. Make those low carb chocolates, and you are home free.
I have accepted that I need sweets sometimes, and I find it’s easier to plan to make keto sweets than fail at the last minute. I’ve been wanting to make a keto version of truffles but I wanted something fast, with very little cooking.
Well, I got half my wish. There’s not much cooking–really it was ONE MINUTE in the microwave. But it requires pre-planning because you actually need to put it in the freezer or a little bit, and then save it in the fridge.
But still, it’s mainly hands-off time. I rolled half in cocoa and half with coconut shreds and I prefer the ones with the coconut shreds. I think next time I will use slightly sweetened cocoa because the unsweetened cocoa tastes a little bitter for a minute.
At 1 gm of net carbs, it’s a great easy, delicious dessert that satisfies my sweet craving at night.
TIPS TO MAKING GOOD KETO CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES | LOW CARB CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES
After a little bit of playing around, here is what I have learned
- Do not skimp on the chilling time. This can make ALL the difference between a fun experience, and a very frustrating experience as you make these keto chocolate truffles. You will need to chill twice: once after you’ve microwaved all ingredients so that the chocolate ganache can stiffen, and once after you’ve shaped it into truffles.
- If your chocolate seizes or turns into a big sticky, grainy mess,don’t panic. Use 1 tablespoon of hot water at a time and stir vigorously to incorporate and melt your chocolate.
- If you don’t feel like making truffle shapes with this, you can always turn this into a pourable ganache, and ice some low carb keto cakes that I have listed such as the keto chocolate cake, the coconut almond cake or any other keto cake that you like.
- I used Lily’s chocolate chips to make this. You can also use unsweetened Baker’s chocolate. In that case, you will need to add 1/4-1/3 cup of erythritol to sweeten.
- Place chocolate chips, cream, butter, espresso, and vanilla into a heatproof bowl and microwave for 1 minute.
- Stir everything together with a spatula until everything is well-mixed.
- Place in freezer for 30 mins or more until the mixture solidifies.
- Place cocoa and coconut shreds in two small places.
- Remove truffle mix from the freezer and make 16 small balls. Place half the balls in the cocoa plate, one at a time and roll them around until they're coated and set aside.
- Press the coconut shreds into the remaining truffles and form into round balls.
- Set both lots in the fridge to set for about 30 minutes, or until ready to serve.
Get support & connect with our community on Facebook!