Here’s an easy high protein low carb dessert, made with just a handful of ingredients. This High Protein Jello Mousse is sure to become a standby dessert for those times when you just must have a low carb dessert.
High Protein Jello Mousse
I’ve been craving sweets lately which is a very slippery slope for me. But it’s also time to put together some healthy treats so I thought I’d try this very simple recipe. Not bad for 20 grams of protein!
Much better than a protein bar in that sense and a lot fewer calories. It would also make a great snack or meal during the soft food and full liquids.
What I like about this recipe is that it’s extremely versatile. You can vary the flavors of jello and have a completely different dessert each day.
Of course, anytime you can have protein for dessert and have it taste good is a win-win all around.
★ Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below! Just click on the stars in the recipe card to rate.
High protein jello mousse uses a combination of sugar-free jello, greek yogurt, and plain protein powder to pack a delicious protein punch.
- 1 small box sugar free Black Cherry Jello
- 1/2 cup water
- 10 oz plain Greek yogurt
- 2 scoops NOW unflavored whey (or any other unflavored protein powder)
- Heat water until it's warm but not boiling.
- In a mixing bowl, empty sugar-free jello mix and pour the water over it and let it sit while you get the other ingredients organized.
- Now my usual sophisticated cooking technique--which is to say, dump everything into that mixing bowl. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into 4 ramekins and let it set.
I am not a registered dietician or nutritionist. Nutritional information is provided a courtesy, and can vary depending on the exact ingredients you use.