This Keto Jello Mousse is a low carb dessert, made with just a handful of ingredients. It's sure to become a standby dessert for those times when you just must have a keto dessert.
Here's Why High Protein Jello Mousse Works
- High Protein. I've been craving sweets lately which is a very slippery slope for me. But it's also time to put together some healthy treats so I thought I'd try this very simple recipe. Not bad for 20 grams of protein!
- Low Calorie. Much better than a protein bar in that sense and a lot fewer calories. It would also make a great snack or meal during the soft food and full liquids stage of sleeve-surgery recovery.
- Variety. What I love about it is that I can use a variety of flavors of Jello, and it all works well. Above you see a photo of a sugar-free cherry Jello recipe. Below, I use orange jello to get a creamsicle like flavor.
- Change it up. Use whatever type of sugar-free jello your family loves.
How to Make High Protein Jello Mousse
- Heat the water until it's warm but not boiling.
- Add the jello mix to the water and let it sit while you gather the other ingredients.
- Dump the remaining ingredients into the bowl.
- Blend the ingredients for the keto jello dessert together until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into 4 ramekins and allow it to set.
- After allowing them to set, enjoy!
Can I Have Sugar-Free Jello on Keto?
While some people choose to stay away from artificially sweetened foods and drinks while following a Keto lifestyle, I love having these options. If you want to see the best Keto sweeteners (and which to avoid) you can read this post I wrote on that topic HERE.
Can You Eat Whipped Cream on the Keto Diet?
While typical store-bought whipped cream like Cool Whip are full of sugar, you can make your own delicious whipped cream at home that's Keto-friendly.
To make your own Keto-friendly whipped cream, simply use an electric mixer to whip heavy whipping cream (HWC) until it forms stiff peaks.
If you want it to be sweeter, you can use a bit of powdered Swerve to taste before mixing.
Tips and Tricks for Making This High Protein Jello Mousse
- Patience. The most important thing about getting this jello mousse recipe right, is to be patient and make absolutely sure the gelatin is completely dissolved in the water before you start. If you don't do this, you will have granules in your mousse and that will not be a good thing.
- Whisk. Use a flat silicone whisk or a hand blender to aerate this mousse as much as possible.
- Variety. Vary the flavors to get different desserts.
- Blend. Blend for a long time to aerate the dessert and get a light, airy, mousse-like texture.
Want More Delicious Keto Mousse Recipes?
- Keto Lemon Mousse - easy, light and delicious!
- Keto Mocha Mousse - rich and crave-worthy!
- Low Carb Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse - don't wait until fall to make this!
- Patriotic Cheesecake Mousse- Perfectly sweet and festive.
You will love this Keto Jello Mousse that kills the toughest sweet tooth cravings without feeling deprived of your favorite foods.
- Heat water until it's warm but not boiling.
- In a mixing bowl, empty sugar-free jello mix and pour the water over it and let it sit while you get the other ingredients organized.
- Now my usual sophisticated cooking technique--which is to say, dump everything into that mixing bowl. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into 4 ramekins and let it set.
Watch The Video
- The most important thing about getting this recipe right, is to BE PATIENT and make absolutely sure the gelatin is completely dissolved in the water before you start. If you don't do this, you will have granules in your mousse and that will not be a good thing.
- Use a flat silicone whisk or a hand blender to aerate this mousse as much as possible.
- Vary the flavors to get different desserts.
- Blend for a long time to aerate the dessert and get a light, airy, mousse-like texture.
Get support & connect with our community on Facebook!
Originally published October 14, 2017.