This Sugar Free Jello Mousse is one of my favorite jello dessert recipes, made with just a handful of ingredients. It's sure to become a standby dessert for those times when you just need to have a keto dessert.
Here's Why High Protein Jello Mousse Works
- High Protein. I've been craving sweets lately which is a very slippery slope for me. But it's also time to put together some healthy treats so I thought I'd try this very simple recipe. Not bad for 20 grams of protein!
- Low Calorie. Much better than a protein bar in that sense and a lot fewer calories. It would also make a great snack or meal during the soft food and full liquids stage of sleeve-surgery recovery.
- Variety. What I love about it is that I can use a variety of flavors of Jello, and it all works well. Above you see a photo of a sugar-free cherry Jello recipe. Below, I use orange jello to get a creamsicle like flavor.
- Change it up. Use whatever type of sugar-free jello your family loves.
Can I Have Sugar Free Jello on Keto?
While some people choose to stay away from artificially sweetened foods and drinks while following a Keto lifestyle, I love having these options. If you want to see the best Keto sweeteners (and which to avoid) you can read this post I wrote on that topic HERE.
Can You Eat Whipped Cream on the Keto Diet?
While typical store-bought whipped cream like Cool Whip are full of sugar, you can make your own delicious whipped cream at home that's Keto-friendly.
To make your own Keto-friendly whipped cream, simply use an electric mixer to whip heavy whipping cream (HWC) until it forms stiff peaks.
If you want it to be sweeter, you can use a bit of powdered Swerve to taste before mixing.
This makes an excellent topping for Keto Cakes and Keto Coffee drinks.
How To Make Sugar Free Jello Mousse
This Keto Mousse is extremely easy to prepare, but you do need to have some patience and follow the steps exactly. Use the steps below, along with the tips and tricks to get the perfect fluffy high protein bite.
- Heat the water until it's warm but not boiling.
- Add the jello mix to the water and let it sit while you gather the other ingredients.
- Dump the remaining ingredients into the bowl.
- Blend the ingredients for the keto jello dessert together until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into 4 ramekins and allow it to set.
- After allowing them to set, enjoy!
Tips and Tricks for Making This High Protein Jello Mousse
- Patience. The most important thing about getting this jello mousse recipe right is to be patient and make absolutely sure the gelatin is completely dissolved in the water before you start. If you don't do this, you will have granules in your mousse and that will impact the texture of your bite.
- Whisk. Use a flat silicone whisk or a hand blender to aerate this mousse as much as possible for a light and fluffy bite.
- Variety. Vary the flavors to get different desserts. In the images above, I used an orange jello, but I love the flavor of strawberry or cherry to create a lovely pink mousse.
- Blend well. Blend for plenty of time to aerate the dessert and get a light, airy, mousse-like texture. If it doesn't feel like it's fluffy enough, give the blending a bit longer and it will come together.
How Long Does It Last?
Since this sugar free Jello mousse is homemade, it should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator and consumed within 3-5 days.
It's always important to use your own judgment and senses to determine whether the sugar free Jello mousse has gone bad. If you notice any signs of spoilage, such as a strange smell or appearance, it's best to discard it.
Want More Delicious Keto Mousse Recipes?
- Keto Lemon Mousse - easy, light and delicious!
- Keto Mocha Mousse - rich and crave-worthy!
- Low Carb Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse - don't wait until fall to make this!
- Patriotic Cheesecake Mousse- Perfectly sweet and festive.
You will love this Sugar Free Jello Mousse that kills the toughest sweet tooth cravings without feeling deprived of your favorite foods. Don't forget to share it with your friends on Facebook and Instagram so they can try it too!
- 1 small box sugar free Black Cherry Jello
- 1 cup Water
- 10 oz Full-Fat Greek Yogurt
- 1 scoops NOW unflavored whey, (or any other unflavored protein powder)
- Heat water until it's warm but not boiling.
- In a mixing bowl, empty sugar-free jello mix and pour the water over it and let it sit while you get the other ingredients organized.
- Now my usual sophisticated cooking technique--which is to say, dump everything into that mixing bowl. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into 4 ramekins and let it set.
Watch The Video
- The most important thing about getting this recipe right, is to BE PATIENT and make absolutely sure the gelatin is completely dissolved in the water before you start. If you don't do this, you will have granules in your mousse and that will not be a good thing.
- Use a flat silicone whisk or a hand blender to aerate this mousse as much as possible.
- Vary the flavors to get different desserts.
- Blend for a long time to aerate the dessert and get a light, airy, mousse-like texture.
Get support & connect with our community on Facebook!
Don't forget to check out my other Keto cookbooks.
Keto Instant Pot, Keto Fat Bombs, Sweets, & Treats, and Easy keto in 30 minutes.
How much unflavored gelatin would i need to use if i want to add my own flavors?
I'm always looking for ways to fit more protein into my day. Especially now as I prepare for the sleeve to bypass conversion. Thank you!
May I just say what a comfort to find somebody that really understands what they are discussing over the internet.
You actually realize how to bring a problem to light and make
it important. More people ought to read this
and understand this side of your story. I can't believe
you're not more popular because you definitely possess the
I delight in, lead to I discovered exactly what I
was having a look for. You've ended my 4
day long hunt! God Bless you man. Have a nice day.
This was easy and taste’s good
Hello! This recipe sounds great. Can it be made w flavored protein powders?
Technically yes. But I don’t know what it would taste like
I just recently had bariatric surgery and am in the Purée stage of my journey I was looking for high protein purées foods and this is what I landed on! It was so delicious, I made it with orange jello and Vanilla Unjury protein so it was like an Iran creamsicle! And it contained 13g it protein which was a nice way to start my day!