I made teriyaki chicken and then started to wonder what I should eat it with, and so I made some Szechuan Cabbage to go with it, since I really can’t do rice like in the old days. I wanted to keep it really simple. Most of you will probably have to buy some Szechuan peppers to add to this dish.
MY SZECHUAN CABBAGE IS THE PERFECT SIDE TO MY TERIYAKI CHICKEN RECIPE!
★ Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below! Just click on the stars to rate.
- Heat oil in a wok and when it starts to shimmer, add sichuan peppers and saute for a bit.
- Once they are sizzling, add garlic and ginger and stir until fragrant and lightly cooked, but not burnt
- Add in cabbage and saute until cabbage is crisp but translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix all sauce ingredients in a small bowl and then pour over the cabbage.
- Stir vigorously and allow the cabbage to cook a little bit and the sauce to evaporate a bit more.
- Serve as a side item with your favorite meat dish. I served this with Teriyaki chicken.