I mentioned in my post yesterday that we’re having to consume a large bag of cooked shrimp. So I’m trying to come up with creative ways to use it up.
It’s a nice problem to have, since not only do we all love shrimp, but it also sits very comfortably in our sleeve. Besides, low calorie and high protein is a tough thing to beat nowadays. Yesterday I made Piquant Spicy Shrimp.
The day before, I made this creamy spicy shrimp.
Creamy Spicy Shrimp
- 12 ounces pre-cooked or raw shrimp with tails on , defrosted
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream (the stuff that comes in dairy packages, not cool whip)
- 2-3 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon water
- In a saucepan, mix the cajun seasoning and the water together to make a paste.
- Pour in the heavy whipping cream and cook gently until the paste is well mixed in and the sauce is creamy and thick. Don't rush this, let the sauce get thick so that it will coat your tongue in spicy creamy goodness when you eat this.
- Pour in your cooked or raw shrimp and let either heat through or cook through completely.