Fennel and chicken is a very popular combination in many South Indian Dishes and this Low Carb Keto Air Fryer Fennel Chicken recipe is a great, fast, healthy dinner.
Somedays I have a recipe idea in mind and then I go into the kitchen to create it. Somedays I stand in the kitchen quite lost, until I come up with something that sounds good.
Other days I have a TASTE I’m trying to create. This Spicy Fennel Chicken was one of those. I love fennel seeds. It’s not a very commonly used spice in the U.S., and when we do, we use fresh fennel. But fennel seeds form an important part of many dishes including this Masala Chai Recipe.
The fennel in this dish really elevates it to something different. I know many of you will write to me to ask what to substitute for Fennel–but I honestly don’t know. I mean, this is Fennel chicken. If you subbed something else, then it wouldn’t be Fennel Chicken now, would it?
So I’d suggest you get some Fennel Seeds and make this Air Fryer Spicy Fennel Chicken.
OTHER AIR FRYER CHICKEN RECIPES YOU MAY ENJOY
- Thai Gai Yang chicken: well-spiced and delicious
- Hawaiian Huli Huli Chicken: Slightly sweet and sticky yummy
- Turkish Tavuk Shish: sounds exotic but it’s so easy to make
EQUIPMENT YOU MAY NEED TO MAKE THIS KETO AIR FRYER CHICKEN SPICY FENNEL CHICKEN:
- Gowise Air Fryer or Philips Avance XL or Breville Smart Oven Air
- Meat Thermometer. Essential for Air Fryer cooking!
- AIr Fryer accessory set or 7-inch pan
- Tongs to move stuff around. I use either these big silicone tongs or this set of Smaller Tongs which are easier on my hands
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- My favorite cutting board
- Good set of knives
★ Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below! Just click on the stars in the recipe card to rate.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, each thigh cut into 3 pieces
- 1 large onion cut into 1.5 inch thick slices
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoons ground fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2-1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Vegetable Oil for spraying the chicken while cooking
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro or parsley
- Make the Chicken Fry: Using a fork, pierce the chicken well all over to allow the marinade to penetrate.
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients and allow the chicken to marinate for at least 30 minutes, or up to 24 hours.
- Place chicken and vegetables into the air fryer basket. Spray the chicken and onion with some vegetable oil.
- Set your air fryer to 360F for 15 minutes. Half way through, remove the basket, spray the chicken with more vegetable oil, and shake it about.
- At the end of the cook time, use a meat thermometer, ensure your chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165F.
- Remove the chicken and vegetables to a serving tray.
- Sprinkle with fresh lemon juice and cilantro and serve.
I am not a registered dietician or nutritionist. Nutritional information is provided a courtesy, and can vary depending on the exact ingredients you use.