Everyone needs to have a good Chicken Fajitas recipe in their arsenal. This one is full of vegetables and stuffed with flavor and makes a great sheet pan supper.
Roasted Vegetable Chicken Fajitas
This winter weather is making me very hungry and I’m worried I’m going to eat too many calories. Just to be clear, yes I do live in Texas but yes! I’m still cold! I don’t think I have managed to be warm for one day since I lost all the weight. But hey, I’m not complaining, I’ll take it.
Skip Taco Tuesday and have these Chicken Fajitas instead! If you’re trying to do low-carb, then you can use a low-carb tortilla, or just eat the chicken and veggies by themselves because let’s face it, they’re good enough without the tortilla!
So anyway, I decided I’d make some chicken and veggies. This recipe is super simple and if you’re truly lazy, you might not even have to chop much of anything. You could substitute chicken tenders which are pre-cut, and many stores here sell fajita mix veggies pre-chopped.
Use my recipe for a great dinner or lunch of Chicken Fajitas with a dab of sour cream and a little chipotle salsa. Yummy!
? Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below! Just click on the stars in the recipe card to rate.
For the Chicken:
- Heat oven to 400 F.
- Mix the taco seasoning into the chicken with a fork, and let it rest while you get the vegetables ready.
- Slice all veggies to be of equal size, lengthwise.
- Line a baking pan with foil and place the veggies on the foil.
- Pour oil, sprinkle the salt and pepper over them, and use your hands to mix everything well.
- Push the vegetables to the side and place the seasoned chicken in the middle. You want to do this because the chicken actually cooks faster than the vegetables and you want to be able to pull it out when it's done.
- Place the pan in the oven for 15 minutes until the chicken is almost cooked through.
- Move the pan to the top rack, turn on the broiler to hot and set the timer for 5 minutes. Take out the chicken after five minutes and let the rest of the vegetables broil until the edges are charred and the onions are soft.
- Serve with low carb tortillas or just enjoy the chicken and veggies by themselves.
Get support & connect with our community on Facebook!