Instant Pot Low-carb Sesame Ginger Chicken is very versatile. Eat it plain, over zoodles, with rice, or in a lovely crunchy salad.
One of the things people often wonder is if it’s possible to make non-soup dishes in the Instant Pot or pressure cooker. In fact, it absolutely is.
Not only can you make lots of rice and meat dishes, but you can also use clever techniques like using onions for the base in Chicken Shawarma.
Mainly this is a matter of also leveraging Pot-in-Pot cooking where possible.
In this dish that’s exactly what I did. I wanted to make a relatively dry chicken dish that could be used in salads. The way to do that is to cook the chicken, with lots of sauces, in a pot within the pot.
If you have questions about how to do PIP cooking I have a video that will teach you how.
Or you can forget about all that and just make this dish, and learn as you go.
Ingredients You'll Need
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- Soy Sauce
- Sesame Oil
- Minced Ginger
- Minced Garlic
- Agave nectar
- Rice Vinegar
How To Make Ginger Chicken In Your Instant Pot
- Use a heat-safe bowl that fits inside your pressure cooker inner liner. I prefer stainless steel pots due to their heat conduction as well as safety profile.
- Put 1-2 cups of water in the inner liner of the pot. The steam created by this water is what will allow the pot to come to pressure
- Use a steamer rack to elevate the smaller bowl.
- Use enough cooking liquid to cook whatever is in that bowl.
That’s it. That’s really all you need to know to get started with this recipe.
You may also want to make this Easy Asian Peanut dressing to add additional flavor to your salad.
If you love this Ginger Chicken WIth Sesame Sauce, don't forget to share it on Facebook and Instagram so your friends can try it too! Make sure you Pin it so you can try it again soon.
- 1.5 pounds (680.39 g) Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs, boneless, skinless , cut into large pieces
- 2 tablespoons (2 tablespoons) Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon (1 tablespoon) Sesame Oil
- 1 tablespoon (1 tablespoon) Minced Ginger
- 1 tablespoon (1 tablespoon) Minced Garlic
- 1 tablespoon (1 tablespoon) Agave nectar, or use 2 packets Splenda
- 1 tablespoon (1 tablespoon) Rice Vinegar
- Mix all ingredients together and place into a heat-safe bowl. Place a cover on this bowl.
- Place 2 cups of water into the inner liner of your pressure cooker. Place a steamer rack in the liner, and place the bowl with the chicken on top of this rack.
- Set your pressure cooker on high pressure for 10 minutes. Once it is finished cooking, allow it to release pressure naturally for 10 mins, and then release all remaining pressure.
- Remove the chicken and shred.
- At this point, you can either eat it plain, over zoodles, or cucumber noodles, or in a salad like the picture indicates.
- Use this peanut dressing to add lots of great flavor to your salad.