This Chicken Mushroom Soup recipe is one of those great comfort food recipes that requires you to do little beyond dump and cook in your Instant Pot or Pressure cooker.
Chicken Mushroom Soup | Pressure Cooker & Keto
I made this Pressure Cooker Low Carb Chicken Mushroom Soup about four years ago when we first moved to eating full liquids that needed to be high protein. I had used a variety of different ingredients in it and had the ugliest picture of if you’d ever seen.
Not that I had to worry because absolutely no one ever saw this soup post 😀
But the thing is, it’s actually a very tasty chicken mushroom soup. It’s low carb, it’s dump and cook, and what’s more, it’s very versatile.
So I decided it was time to make this Keto Chicken Mushroom soup again and take better pictures this time.
The picture below shows you most of what I put in it–well, except the mushrooms that I forgot to photograph!
But having shown you this, let me tell you of some changes you can make.
SUBSTITUTIONS & VARIATIONS FOR THIS PRESSURE COOKER LOW CARB KETO CHICKEN MUSHROOM SOUP:
- Add a chopped up sweet potato, which is how I first made this soup
- Add butternut squash
- Change up the herbs to get a different flavor, such as poultry seasoning mix or your favorite herb blend
- Swap fresh oregano for whatever herb you have handy
- Finish it with a little sour cream or heavy whipping cream to add a little creaminess to it
- Substitute zucchini for yellow squash
- Purée everything including the chicken together when done for a thicker soup
- Skip the chicken, add vegetable broth seasoning and stir in some firm tofu into the puréed vegetables for a vegetarian version
With these subs, the cook times and water amounts remain the same as the recipe I am posting below.
If you’ve enjoyed this recipe you’re sure to love my Low Carb Cream Of Mushroom Soup recipe! It’s delicious, warming and keto friendly as well!
Another great soup recipe is my Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup! This soup is super addicting and is easy to make in an Instant Pot Blender!
EQUIPMENT YOU MAY NEED TO MAKE THIS INSTANT POT PRESSURE COOKER LOW CARBKETO CHICKEN MUSHROOM SOUP:
- Instant Pot Mini Duo or Instant Pot 6 quart or Instant Pot 8 Quart
- Measuring cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Cutting Board (my fav one)
- Good set of Kitchen knives
- Immersion blender
★ Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below! Just click on the stars in the recipe card to rate.
Creamy Mushroom Chicken soup is full of protein and flavor, and is a great dump and cook recipe for your Instant Pot or pressure cooker.
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream (optional)
Place all ingredients into the inner liner of your pressure cooker or Instant Pot.
Cook under high pressure for 15 minutes, and allow it to release pressure naturally for 10 minutes. Release all remaining pressure.
Using tongs, carefully remove all chicken pieces and set aside
Use an immersion blender to roughly purée the vegetables, leaving a few intact for texture and visual appeal.
Shred the chicken and add it back in. Add heavy whipping cream if using. Stir well and serve.
This recipe can be made on the stove top or in a slow cooker (high for 3-4 hours) as well.
Please check the post above for suggested substitutions if you are allergic to any of the ingredients, or are looking for a little variety in your soup.
I am not a registered dietician or nutritionist. Nutritional information is provided a courtesy, and can vary depending on the exact ingredients you use.