Baked potatoes are one of the easiest and most family-friendly side dishes out there. Make them faster and easier with this Instant Pot Baked Potatoes recipe!
Why Make Baked Potatoes In Your Instant Pot?
- Fast. Done in less than 30 minutes.
- Easy. Poke your potatoes, pop them in your Instant Pot, and cook!
- One-Pot Clean Up. No need to dirty multiple pans. You can make this amazing side dish in one pot.
- Vegetarian. Works great as a side dish or filling Vegetarian or Vegan main course.
What You'll Need To Make Instant Pot Baked Potatoes
- Instant Pot
Really, that's it. If you have an Instant Pot, you don't need to worry about a ton of extra gadgets. Use the trivet that comes with your 6 quart or 8 quart Instant Pot and use a fork to poke some holes in potatoes.
How Do You Cook Baked Potatoes In An Instant Pot?
If you've ever tried making air fryer baked potatoes or oven baked potatoes, you know how much attention you need to pay to the skin of the potato.
With this recipe, the emphasis is on the fluffy interior of the potato (and let's be honest, that's my favorite part anyway).
- Wash potatoes thoroughly
- Place potatoes on a trivet
- Add water to Instant Pot liner
- Cook for 14 minutes under high pressure
- Allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes
- Release remaining pressure
- Remove potatoes from the pot and serve with desired toppings
Tips And Tricks For Making Instant Pot Baked Potatoes
This recipe is so incredibly simple, adding tips and tricks seems unnecessary. However, if you're not used to cooking with your Instant Pot, here are some things you might consider to get the best results:
- Pick potatoes that are consistent in size so they cook evenly.
- Poke the potatoes liberally to keep them from splitting under pressure.
- Always use a trivet to keep the potatoes out of the water. You want tender steamed potatoes, not boiled potatoes.
- Wash them well before cooking so you can enjoy the skin too!
Can You Put Tin Foil In An Instant Pot?
You absolutely can use tin foil or aluminum foil in your Instant Pot. In fact, it's one of my favorite accessories in a pinch. I often use it as a sling when I do pot in pot cooking or use it to cover cheesecakes when I don't want any condensation to reach the top.
However, you won't need to use it for these Instant Pot Baked Potatoes. No need to wrap these potatoes before cooking. They cook up light and fluffy without being wrapped in the Instant Pot.
What Temperature Are Baked Potatoes Done?
If your potatoes reach the full cook time in your Instant Pot and you're still unsure if they're done (potato size can vary significantly and time may need to be adjusted) you can use an internal thermometer to check to see if they are cooked completely.
Push your probe thermometer into the thickest part of the potato and measure the internal temperature. If it reaches at least 210F, your potatoes should be ready to serve.
How To Serve Instant Pot Baked Potatoes
The best thing about these Instant Pot Baked Potatoes is how versatile they are. You can top them with simple ingredients to make them a yummy side dish or you can load them full of veggies and your favorite dairy item to make them a filling vegetarian main course
Here are a few of my favorite things to top my potatoes with:
- Sour Cream
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Sesame Ginger Broccoli
Other Delicious Potato Recipes
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
- Cheesy Potatoes
- Air Fryer Potatoes Anna
- Rosemary Roasted Potatoes
- Instant Pot Colcannon
If you love these Instant Pot Baked Potatoes as much as we do, make sure you share this with your friends on Facebook and Pinterest so they can enjoy the simplicity of them too!
- 6 Potatoes, Medium
- 1 cup Water
- Wash potatoes thoroughly
- Poke holes liberally in the skin of the potatoes
- Place trivet in your Instant Pot
- Place potatoes on top of the trivet
- Pour water in the inner liner of your Instant Pot
- Close Instant Pot lid
- Set Instant Pot to High Pressure for 14 minutes
- Allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes
- Release all remaining pressure and remove Instant Pot Lid
- Add desired topping to your potatoes and serve
Get support & connect with our community on Facebook!
Don't forget to check out my other Best-selling Instant Pot Cookbooks!
Indian Instant Pot, Keto Instant Pot, Instant Pot Fast and Easy, Healthy Instant Pot & Vegetarian Instant Pot.
Leave a Reply