As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. We may also earn money from the companies mentioned in this post.
Reproduce the flavors of your favorite chicken curry in this Chicken Curry Soup without the use of any curry powder at all because as you must know by now with my blog, curry powder is not really Indian. At all. But this soup is delicious and nourishing, and quite authentic tasting–even though I completely made it up.
Chicken Curry Soup
I had GB surgery on Friday so I’ve been a bit loopy. The pain is kind of like with the sleeve. I do feel exhausted. But fortunately I had made some yummy chicken curry soup beforehand and I’ve been living off that. The consistency of soup and the taste of chicken curry. Yum yum!
Chicken Curry Soup is a delicious blend of vegetables, chicken, and the spice from the curry mixture. You can leave it as is, or as directed below you can blend it to make it smooth with an immersion blender.
This would make an excellent first course, or even great for lunch paired with a side salad. I love soup as a meal option because it’s simple and comes together so easily and quickly in the Instant Pot.
CHECK OUT MY 15 FAVORITE INSANT POT LOW-CARB SOUPS HERE!
If you’re on full liquids, use an immersion blender to get the right consistency.
EQUIPMENT YOU MAY NEED TO MAKE THIS INSTANT POT PRESSURE COOKER CHICKEN CURRY SOUP:
- Instant Pot Mini Duo, or Instant pot 6 quarts, or Instant Pot 8 Quarts
- Measuring Cups
- My favorite Cutting Board
- Good set of Kitchen Knives
★ Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below! Just click on the stars in the recipe card to rate.
Reproduce the flavors of your favorite chicken curry without the use of any curry powder at all because as you must know by now with my blog, curry powder is not really Indian. At all. But this soup is delicious and nourishing, and quite authentic tasting--even though I completely made it up.
- 1 pound Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs skinless
- 1.5 cups Full-Fat Coconut Milk
- 1/2 onion, finely diced
- 3-4 cloves Garlic crushed
- 2 inch minced ginger finely chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 4 ounces baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
Put all the ingredients into an Instant Pot and cook under pressure for 10 minutes, using natural pressure release afterward.
- Remove and shred chicken and place back into the soup.
- You could do this in a pot over a medium-low flame until he chicken was cooked. You might need to add a cup of water if you're doing this over the stovetop.
- I also think this would work in a crockpot on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
I am not a registered dietician or nutritionist. Nutritional information is provided a courtesy, and can vary depending on the exact ingredients you use.