I’ve always had a bit of a love-don’t love (never hate) relationship with Shrikhand. I think partly because as a child, I thought it was my grandmother feeding me yogurt and lying to me about it being a dessert. Partly it was because my Dad loved it so much, we had it way too often, when I thought we should be having rasgullas instead.
Shrikhand Greek Yogurt Dessert
But I made shrikhand and made my son try it and when he loved it, I thought, “Yay and it’s healthy!” So maybe it’s okay that this is how we sneak yogurt into our kids.
Besides, we all need ideas for that Greek Yogurt we keep making in our Instant Pots. This is a simple, no-cook dessert but you do need to chill it for 4-6 hours for the best results.
LOOKING FOR MORE DELICIOUS DESSERTS MADE EASILY WITH GREEK YOGURT? CHECK OUT MY MANGO FROZEN YOGURT RECIPE!
★ DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? DON’T FORGET TO GIVE IT A STAR RATING BELOW! JUST CLICK ON THE STARS TO RATE.
Shrikhand is a delicious yet simple Indian yogurt recipe you can make at home with Greek Yogurt! It's a no-cook dessert recipe that's good for you too!
- 1 pinch saffron
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 5 tablespoons POWDERED sweetener of choice ( I used Truvia icing sugar)
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
Mix the saffron and the hot water and let it sit there for 5-10 minutes to soften and color the water.
- Meanwhile, mix together all the other ingredients and taste and adjust for sweetness. The first thing you taste should be sweet. The tang of the yogurt should be the end taste, not the first taste.
- Pour in the softened saffron and the water and mix again. Mash up that saffron well to extract flavor and color.
- Refrigerate but stir from time to time, to get as much flavor and color as you can from the saffron. You'll notice that each time you stir, it yields a little more color. Don't need to be compulsive about this, just whenever you remember, give it a stir. Once your dessert has a lovely light orange-yellow hue, it's done.
I am not a registered dietician or nutritionist. Nutritional information is provided a courtesy, and can vary depending on the exact ingredients you use.