As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. We may also earn money from the companies mentioned in this post.
Low-Carb Paneer Tikka
Paneer Tikka is spiced and pan-fried quickly in ghee for a savory Indian snack. It can be served deliciously on its own, or with other sauces and dips. It is low-carb and keto friendly for your health conscious friends to enjoy.
What is Paneer Tikka?
Paneer is an Indian cheese that is creamy and salty. It is so versatile as it doesn’t melt, that the possibilities of cooking with Paneer are endless.
You can buy paneer ready-made at Indian grocery stores where it is typically in the frozen section. At the grocery store, they sell the paneer either plain or fried. You can also make it yourself using my very easy pressure cooker paneer recipe.
If you are looking for a substitute or can’t find Paneer, try queso fresco. It has similar consistency and taste.
Appetizer Party with Paneer Tikka!
This Low-Carb Quick Paneer Tikka makes either a handy appetizer on its own or a welcome addition to other sauces and dips. When I figured out how to make Paneer in an Instant Pot without having to babysit the process, I started to think of quick and easy things I could do with the paneer.
If you love appetizer parties, (and who doesn’t!) then I have a menu for you. You can serve, or have your guests each bring an app! Serve this Paneer Tikka, with Tandoori Chicken linked above, and Mint and Chili Kabobs dipped in Cilantro Pesto and served with a refreshing glass of Agua de Jamaica. Your friends will never leave!
The Recipe Steps for these Low Carb Paneer Tikka are:
- Marinate the paneer with a combination of spices and a little oil
- Pan cook in ghee until seared
- Spritz lemon juice on the Paneer
Additional Paneer Recipes:
Looking for more Paneer recipes? I’ve listed some of my favorites for you below.
- Tandoori Chicken has similar spices found in this recipe
- Palak Paneer
- Paneer and peas
- Leftover Butter Chicken Sauce
- Butter Soy Curls sauce
- Chicken Korma sauce
- Paneer Biryani
- But here’s another quick version, based on the very popular Chicken Tikka Bites recipe
★Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below! Just click on the stars in the recipe card to rate.
Make this low carb quick Paneer Tikka, an Indian cheese, with just a few spices, and pan fry in ghee for a boost of fat to make this keto friendly.
- 1.5 cups paneer cut into cubes
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 3-4 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger minced
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala
- ½ teaspoons Turmeric
- ½ teaspoons Ground Cumin
- ½ teaspoons Ground Coriander
- ½ teaspoons Smoked Paprika for color and a slightly smoky taste
- ¼ teaspoons Cayenne
- 1 tablespoon Ghee for cooking the paneer
- 1 lemon Juice of 1 lemon for sprinkling before serving
- Place paneer into a bowl and add oil and all the spices. Gently mix everything, taking care to not break the paneer. I found this easiest to do with my hands.
- Allow this mixture to marinate for about 30 minutes.
- Heat a skillet, and when it's hot, add two tablespoons of ghee. Lay the paneer cubes in a single layer in the pan.
- Let it sear for 1-2 minutes, and then using tongs, turn the pieces to sear the other side. Once both sides are seared, you can reduce the heat a little to finish warming the paneer.
- Spritz the lemon juice right before serving.
Paneer Tikka can be served as an appetizer or a snack. The cilantro pesto dip would accompany this Paneer.
I am not a registered dietician or nutritionist. Nutritional information is provided a courtesy, and can vary depending on the exact ingredients you use.