As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. We may also earn money from the companies mentioned in this post.
I had bought a bag of shredded slaw and of course, its too much food for two sleevers to eat. I split the bag in half and made up two recipes with it. One was a Ginger-Peanut Slaw while the other was this classic Indian Cabbage with Peas & Carrots.
Indian Cabbage with Peas & Carrots
I eat this hot the first day and leftovers get eaten cold, mixed in with Greek yogurt. Yes, I said yogurt. Very comforting and higher in protein than without it, so try it before you knock it.
★ DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? DON’T FORGET TO GIVE IT A STAR RATING BELOW! JUST CLICK ON THE STARS IN THE RECIPE CARD TO RATE.
- Heat oil in a skillet. When it starts to smoke, put in mustard seeds and cumin seeds. They will start to sputter and will sound like popcorn.
Put in the ginger and garlic and stir to brown.
- Add in the onion and cook until the onion is soft and the edges are brown.
- Add in the chopped tomato and 1/4 cup water to deglaze the pan.
Add the remaining spices and cook for 4-5 minutes.
Add in the cabbage, 1/2 cup of frozen peas and carrots. Mix well.
- Cover and cook until the vegetables are cooked.
- Mix in cilantro and serve immediately.
Eat leftovers cold with Greek yogurt.
I am not a registered dietician or nutritionist. Nutritional information is provided a courtesy, and can vary depending on the exact ingredients you use.