Been craving some crunchy veggies, and at four months out, I’m ready to try them. At home. I don’t want my first time of getting sick on raw veggies to be in a fancy restaurant.
So this is a slaw made from leftovers in the fridge. I didn’t have a few ingredients that I’ve listed as optional below but feel free to add them.
- 1 1/2 cups prepared shredded cabbage (I buy those little bags at the store)
- 1/4 cup salted peanuts, chopped
- 1 red pepper, julienned ( I used the small red, yellow, and red peppers from a bag at Costco)
- 1/4 cup cucumber peeled and julienned
- 1/8 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup edamame, pre-cooked
- 1/4 cup scallions, finely chopped
- 4 ounce chicken breast, cooked & chopped
- 4 ounce shrimp, steamed
Mix together dressing, stirring well until the peanut butter is properly incorporated into dressing.
- Pour over slaw ingredients, stir well, and let it rest for 15-20 minutes before serving.