I live in the suburbs of DFW, which means getting good Sichuan food is not easy. Well, I mean, it’s easy, it’s just a 45 minute drive which is really a pity because I love Sichuan Food. So I have to resort to making it for myself. I made a super tasty Sichuan Pork Soup (minus noodles) and a Sichuan pepper cabbage, but Dan Dan Mein is something else. I love it but the noodles are an issue. In addition, it’s a multi-step recipe with making chili sauce, making the spiced ground pork, and then making the noodles. So I did some experimenting in the kitchen and came up with this delicious Dan Dan Style Chicken recipe!
Low Carb Dan Dan Style Chicken | Pressure Cooker Recipe
So of course I wanted a short cut. I basically made a sauce, cooked the chicken with it, and put it over shirataki noodles which are no-carb, and Roger and I scarfed it down. I made this in the Instant Pot but it can be made on a stove-top just as easily.
LOOKING FOR MORE DELICIOUS SICHUAN RECIPES TO MAKE? CHECK OUT MY SICHUAN CUMIN LAMB RECIPE!
★ DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? DON’T FORGET TO GIVE IT A STAR RATING BELOW! JUST CLICK ON THE STARS IN THE RECIPE CARD TO RATE.
To cook chicken
- 1 pound chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 cup water
- Blend together the sauce ingredients, using the hot water to help melt the peanut butter.
- Pour over chicken and mix well. Allow it to marinade for 30 mins if you have time.
- Mix with remaining water, and cook at high pressure for 7 minutes, use natural pressure release for 10 minutes, and then release remaining pressure.
- Mix with rinsed shirataki noodles and serve, garnishing with cilantro if desired.