A cheeseburger casserole is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that combines all the flavors of a classic cheeseburger in a comforting, baked form. Perfect for busy weeknights or a fun family dinner, this casserole is sure to please everyone at the table.
Why You'll Love This Keto-Friendly Casserole
- Easy. Brown the ground beef, mix in the rest of the ingredients, top with cheese, and bake! A recipe that can't get much more simple.
- Low Carb. This keto casserole has a keto-friendly 8 net carbs per serving.
- High Protein. Loaded with ground beef and cheese, this is a great way to help meet your daily protein macros.
- High Fat. Worried about getting enough fat in to keep your hunger at bay? This cheeseburger casserole is just the dish you've been looking for!
This low-carb cheeseburger casserole is the perfect way to enjoy all the flavors of a classic cheeseburger without the added carbs. It's a great option for anyone who is following a low-carb or ketogenic diet and it's sure to become a regular in your meal rotation.
Ingredients You'll Need
- Ground beef- Any fat percentage of ground beef will work for this recipe, so no need to run to the grocery store to buy anything special.
- Onion- This gives a delicious flavor and hint of sweetness to the casserole that you'll love.
- Tomato sauce- This is lower in sugar than traditional ketchup, but gives a lot of the same flavor notes.
- Mustard- Provides some earthiness while giving that classic mustard flavor that you love on a cheeseburger.
- Worcestershire sauce- Give a subtle hint of umami.
- Black pepper
- Cream cheese- Provides additional fat and creaminess.
- Cheddar cheese- I prefer to purchase the block of shredded cheese and grate it myself to prevent any hidden carbs from potato starch from sneaking into my diet.
How To Make Cheeseburger Casserole
- Preheat the oven. Turn the temperature of your oven to 375F so it is ready to start melting those cheeses as soon as you assemble the casserole.
- Cook the ground beef. In a large skillet, saute the ground beef over medium-high heat until browned. Drain any excess fat.
- Add in the aromatics. Pour in the chopped onion and minced garlic and cook until the vegetables are soft (about 5 minutes).
- Stir in the flavor. Add in the tomato sauce, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper, and mix until combined.
- Make it cheesy. Mix the softened cream cheese and shredded cheddar cheese into the ground beef.
- Prep your pan. Pour the beef and cheese mixture into an 8x8 inch casserole dish.
- Bake until bubbly. Place the casserole dish in the oven for 5-10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Eat up. Serve hot and enjoy!
- Make it a true cheeseburger. If you've gone grocery shopping lately, you've likely grabbed a package or two of keto hamburger buns. Scoop a hearty portion of this cheeseburger casserole onto the bun for a delicious cheeseburger sloppy joe hybrid.
- Switch up the leftovers. If you have leftovers and want to make them into something that tastes a little different, warm the leftovers and serve them over a leafy salad and drizzle my Big Mac Sauce over the top for a quick take on my Big Mac Salad recipe.
- Use it for dipping. This keto casserole doubles as a great appetizer or dip! Use your favorite low carb chips or some pork rinds to add a crispy crunch to your next party bite.
- Add in pasta. Ok, I know this one isn't a keto-friendly variation, but sometimes you have to cook for people that don't eat with people that have similar dietary goals as you do. To make this a Cheeseburger Mac casserole, cook some pasta until al dente, stir in with the hamburger mixture before pouring it into the skillet, top with cheese, and bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
What Is A Good Side For Cheeseburger Casserole?
My favorite way to add some extra veggies and freshness to this Keto Cheeseburger Casserole is to serve all of my favorite cheeseburger accompaniments along with it! I know all of the flavors (like mustard, ketchup, and cheese) are already baked into the ground beef, but you don't have to stop there!
Here are a few of my favorite things to serve on the side:
- Sliced Tomato
And if you're feeling a little extra indulgent and want to add even more creaminess to the casserole, you can even squirt a little full-fat mayo on top!
How Long Does It Last?
A cheeseburger casserole can last for up to 4 days in the refrigerator if stored properly. To properly store the casserole, cover it with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and place it in an airtight container.
When you're ready to reheat the cheeseburger casserole, just pop it back in the oven, microwave, or air fryer until warmed through.
More Tasty Ground Beef Recipes
If you're a family that tends to eat a lot of red meat, or appreciates the convenience of cooking with ground beef, you can often find yourself stuck in a rut.
Check out one of the recipes below for a great twist on your traditional meal plan!
If you love this Cheeseburger Casserole as much as we do, make sure you share the recipe with your friends on Facebook and Instagram so they can try it too! Don't forget to Pin it so you can make it again soon.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp Prepared Mustard
- 1 tbsp worchestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/4 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 2 ounces Cream Cheese
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Turn the temperature of your oven to 375F so it is ready to start melting those cheeses as soon as you assemble the casserole.
- In a large skillet, saute the ground beef over medium-high heat until browned. Drain any excess fat.
- Pour in the chopped onion and minced garlic and cook until the vegetables are soft (about 5 minutes).
- Add in the tomato sauce, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper, and mix until combined.
- Mix the softened cream cheese and half of the shredded cheddar cheese into the ground beef.
- Pour the beef and cheese mixture into an 8x8 inch casserole dish.
- Place the casserole dish in the oven for 5-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Get support & connect with our community on Facebook!
Don't forget to check out my other Keto cookbooks.
Keto Instant Pot, Keto Fat Bombs, Sweets, & Treats, and Easy keto in 30 minutes.
Leave a Reply