Breakfast Tacos are a quick and easy breakfast that is not only a great meal prep solution but a great meal the whole family will love! Use some easy-to-find ingredients and your favorite skillet for an easy low carb breakfast.
Why This Will Be Your New Favorite Breakfast Recipe
- Fast. Make these with one pan in less than 30 minutes.
- Easy. Cook a few simple ingredients with minimal effort.
- Make Ahead. Make these breakfast tacos in even less time by prepping a few of your protein elements beforehand!
- Versatile. Use your favorite ingredients to make the perfect breakfast taco filling for your family.
- Keto-Friendly. Use low carb tortillas and load it up with protein and fats to help meet your daily macros.
Ingredients You'll Need
If you're used to making breakfast on a regular basis, the ingredients you'll need for this Breakfast Taco recipe will likely already be in your fridge.
Double-check for the following ingredients before you get started:
- Tortillas. Corn, flour, or even low carb. Just grab the tortillas that fit your flavor preferences and dietary lifestyle.
- Eggs. I prefer scrambled for these tacos, but fried or even hard boiled eggs make for a tasty bite.
- Bacon or Sausage. Fry up your favorite breakfast meat in just a few minutes, or omit totally for a vegetarian-friendly option.
- Cheese. Not only is it tasty, it works as a delicious glue to keep all of the filling inside of the tortilla.
- Toppings. The options are virtually limitless. Sour cream, salsa, avocado, and every veggie topping your heart desires.
How To Make Breakfast Tacos
Not only is this recipe incredibly simple to make, but it's great for breakfast on the go, and the whole family is guaranteed to love it.
Here are the simple steps to making this breakfast taco recipe:
- Prep your protein. Prepare your meat of choice and scramble your eggs.
- Make the optional fillers. If you want to add hashbrowns or extra veggies, use any renderings from your protein to fry them in a skillet.
- Warm your tortillas. Toss the tortillas on top of the veggies or hashbrowns for a perfectly cooked low carb tortilla.
- Top and enjoy. Get creative with the toppings. Don't be afraid to try new and fun flavor combinations until you create your perfect breakfast taco.
Tips and Tricks
- Make ahead. Prep the bacon, sausage, and even eggs ahead of time to make a quick and yummy breakfast.
- Grab the ingredients you love. This recipe is totally customizable. Use the ingredients that you love for a satisfying breakfast on the run.
- Serve it any time. Who says breakfast tacos have to be for breakfast only? Serve these for an easy brinner solution.
- Keto. Stuff low carb tortillas with meat, eggs, cheese, and top with keto-friendly veggies and cheese.
- Vegetarian. Skipping the meat never tasted so good. Load your tortilla up with eggs and tons of veggies for an incredibly filling bite.
- Spicy. Who likes a boring and bland taco? Add peppers, chorizo, and lots of salsa for a firey start to your day.
- Meat Lover's. Love a variety of breakfast meats? Don't worry about choosing just one. Load up your taco with a variety of meats from bacon, to sausauge, to ham, to chorizo!
How Long Do Breakfast Tacos Last?
If you keep your tortillas stored separately from the filling, you can have a tasty breakfast that keeps for up to a week in the refrigerator.
If you want to keep these breakfast tacos even longer than a week for meal prep, they're great stored in the freezer, too!
What To Serve With Them
- Air Fryer Potatoes- Made in a fraction of time of oven baked potatoes, and adds another filling component to your breakfast plate.
- Air Fryer Bacon- Forget the splatter of grease from a skillet or the messy clean up from oven cooked bacon. Make it quickly and easily in your air fryer.
- Keto Pancakes- Craving something sweet? This low carb twist on pancakes is a fantastic way to indulge without sacrificing your way of eating.
More Easy Breakfast Recipes
- German Apple Pancakes- A sweet treat that can be enjoyed both for breakfast and dessert.
- Savory Bread Pudding- A comfort meal that is so filling and yummy.
- Air Fryer Egg Rolls- Use some of your favorite breakfast ingredients to create a crispy and tasty bite.
No matter what time it is, tacos are always a hit. These Breakfast Tacos are a meal that will satisfy a crowd. If you love this recipe, make sure you share it with your friends on Facebook and Pinterest so they can try it too!
Optional NON-LOW CARB additions
- 2 cups shredded hashbrowns
- 1 cup tortilla strips