If you've ever sat and watched eggs boil for what seems like forever, you're going to love how quick and easy these Air Fryer Eggs are! Make Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs in a flash with the help of your air fryer!
A fantastic grab-and-go staple everyone loves to have around doesn't have to be a chore to make! With the help of your air fryer and the right cooking technique, you can have the perfect hard-boiled (ok, they're actually air fried -- but I promise they taste exactly the same) eggs every time.
Why You'll Never Make Hard Boiled Eggs Any Other Way
- Fast. Ready in under 30 minutes from start to finish.
- Easy. Pop the eggs in, let them cook, and let them soak in an ice bath.
- Fool-proof. If you follow my simple steps you will have no problem making the perfect hard boiled or fried eggs every time!
- Yummy. No rubbery overcooked eggs. Perfectly cooked eggs you'll want to make again and again.
What You Need To Make Air Fryer Eggs
- An Air Fryer! I love my Ninja and my Instant Vortex for large batches!
- Some eggs. Use any size, but I used large eggs for this recipe.
- An ice bath. Grab a large mixing bowl and fill full of ice water.
What Happens When You Put Eggs In The Air Fryer
Curious about what happens when you put eggs in the air fryer? Magic. That's what happens. Ok, so maybe it's not magic, but the simplicity makes it feel that way.
Forget the days of babysitting your eggs to get something perfectly cooked or dodging grease splatters to get perfectly crisp edges.
Simply follow the steps below for the perfect Air Fryer Eggs!
How To Make Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs
- Place eggs on your air fryer tray or basket
- Turn your air fryer to 250F
- Cook for 16 minutes, no turning required
- When cooking time is complete, place eggs in an ice bath
- After 5 minutes, peel eggs under running water
Does The Size Of Egg Matter?
Absolutely! The bigger the egg, the longer it takes to cook through. So if you have medium eggs, large eggs, duck eggs, or anything else under the sun, just remember to adjust your cooking times accordingly.
What Is An Ice Bath?
An ice bath is nothing more than a bowl filled with cold water and ice. You'll want to submerge your eggs in this super cold water to stop the cooking process.
Overcooked eggs can be rubbery and discolored. To prevent this from happening, always put your Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs in an ice bath immediately after cooking.
How To Peel Hard Boiled Eggs
Peeling eggs doesn't have to be hard. Follow these easy steps to get perfectly peeled hard boiled eggs.
- Lightly tap eggs on a plate to create small cracks in the shell after they are cooked and have soaked in an ice bath for five minutes.
- Under running water, use your thumb to gently peel away the loose layers of egg
- Once the shell is removed, thoroughly run under water to remove any remaining shell fragments and store or serve.
Can You Fry Eggs In An Air Fryer
So, air fryer hard boiled eggs aren't your cup of tea? No problem! Try Air Fryer Fried Eggs!
For fried eggs, you'll need a little more help from accessories. Find a pan that fits inside of your air fryer. I prefer a 7" springform or a Fat Daddio pan for this.
- Apply nonstick spray to your pan
- Crack your egg into the pan
- Cook for 8 minutes at 250F
- Allow to sit uninterrupted for 2-3 minutes
How To Eat Hard Boiled Eggs
The thing I love most about these eggs is how versatile they are! Not only are they good for a low carb diet, but they're also great for meal prep!
Make these ahead of time for a quick on-the-go snack, a tasty addition to your favorite salad, or even a way to meet your protein macros if you're falling short for the day.
Other Delicious Air Fryer Recipes
If you love these Air Fryer Eggs as much as we do, make sure you share this with your friends on Facebook and Pinterest so they can try them too!
- 4 eggs
- Place eggs in air fryer on tray or on top of trivet
- Cook for 14 minutes at 250F
- Let rest in an ice bath for 5 minutes
- Gently crack shells
- Carefully peel the hard shell away from the hard boiled egg under running water
Get support & connect with our community on Facebook!
Don't forget to check out my other Keto cookbooks.
Keto Instant Pot, Keto Fat Bombs, Sweets, & Treats, and Easy keto in 30 minutes.
As a newcomer to Two Sleeves, I've noticed that in all your recipes you seem to designate a cooking temperature and time. You don't indicate if you're supposed to pre-heat the air fryer before putting the food in the basket. Does it make any difference?
We're all about efficiency here 🙂 All of the cooking times are with you tossing the food in at the designated temperature and hitting start!
This is a great way to hardboil eggs. I love that my house doesn't reek of eggs afterwards.
I completely agree! I almost prefer it to Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs because of the smell factor!