Are you looking to impress your significant other with a delicious and romantic home-cooked meal? Look no further than Marry Me Chicken. This dish, with its juicy, tender chicken breasts in a flavorful sauce, is sure to win over even the most hard-to-please palate.
Why You'll Fall In Love With This Chicken
- Fast. A dish that is ready to enjoy in under 30 minutes.
- Easy. Sear some chicken, create a sauce, and pop it all in the oven.
- Low Carb. Only 7 net carbs per serving!
- Gluten Free. Made with ingredients that are naturally gluten-free, this is an allergy-friendly recipe.
This dish is sure to be a hit, no matter who you enjoy it with. The creamy sauce, combined with the juicy chicken and hint of garlic, creates a symphony of flavors in every bite.
Plus, the romantic connotations of the dish’s name make it the perfect choice for a special night in. So, turn off your phones, light some candles, and enjoy a night of great food and even better company with Marry Me Chicken.
What Is A Marry Me Dish?
We've all been there. You sit down for a dinner that engages you with your eyes before you even take a bite. But when you do finally take a bite, the moment the food hits your taste buds, you absolutely fall in love. You're not only full of love for the food but for the wonderful hands that prepared it.
This, my friends, is what you would consider a "marry me" dish.
How Many Carbs Are In Marry Me Chicken?
Marry Me Chicken is a great low carb dinner option--but even those that aren't living a keto lifestyle are sure to fall in love with it. Using foods that are naturally low in carbs, this dish creates a flavor bomb that only has net carbs per serving.
Ingredients You'll Need
- Chicken breasts
- Olive oil
- Heavy cream
- Chicken stock
- Parmesan cheese
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Italian seasoning
- Red pepper flakes
How To Make Marry Me Chicken
- Preheat your oven. Turn it on to 375F.
- Sear and season your chicken breasts. Season some chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in a skillet and quickly sear the chicken breasts on each side until slightly browned to lock in moisture.
- Start the sauce. Remove the chicken breast from a pan and move them to a cutting board. Quickly saute the minced garlic in the chicken renderings. Add thyme, red pepper flakes, chicken broth, and heavy cream. Heat until the sauce comes to a slow simmer.
- Finish the sauce. Stir in some coarsely chopped sun-dried tomatoes and parmesan cheese.
- Bathe the chicken. Add the chicken back to the pan and use a spoon or measuring cup to cover the chicken with the delicious sauce.
- Bake and finish. Place your skillet into the preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165F.
- Add spinach. Add some baby spinach before baking for a dish that closely resembles my Tuscan Chicken.
- Skip the heat. Serving this for someone that isn't a fan of spice? Omit the red pepper flakes to keep the flavor mild.
- Reduce the fat. If you're eating keto, you probably enjoy the added fat in this dish to help you meet your macros, but if you're watching your fat intake, stir in some greek yogurt or coconut milk.
What To Serve With It
Marry Me Chicken is typically served with side dishes that complement its creamy and savory flavor. Some popular options include:
- Rice or mashed potatoes- To soak up the sauce.
- Steamed or roasted vegetables- Try asparagus, green beans, or carrots.
- Salad greens- Or you can choose a simple side salad.
- Garlic bread or dinner rolls- To mop up the sauce.
- Pasta or risotto- For a carb-filled meal.
Ultimately, the side dishes you choose will depend on personal taste and dietary restrictions. The goal is to find a balance of flavors and textures that complement the rich and flavorful chicken.
How Long Does It Last?
Marry Me Chicken, like most cooked chicken dishes, can last in the refrigerator for up to 4 days when stored properly in an airtight container. It can also be frozen for up to 2 months.
However, for best quality and food safety, it is recommended to consume or use within the first 2-3 days of refrigeration.
More Delicious Chicken Recipes
If you're looking for more chicken recipes that are sure to impress, try one of my other delicious chicken dishes below:
If you love this Marry Me Chicken as much as we do, make sure you share the recipe with your friends on Facebook and Instagram so they can try it too! Don't forget to Pin it so you can make it again soon.
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Season some chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in a skillet and quickly sear the chicken breasts on each side until slightly browned to lock in moisture.
- Remove the chicken breast from a pan and move them to a cutting board. Quickly saute the minced garlic in the chicken renderings. Add Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, chicken broth, and heavy cream. Heat until the sauce comes to a slow simmer.
- Stir in some coarsely chopped sun-dried tomatoes and parmesan cheese.
- Add the chicken back to the pan and use a spoon or measuring cup to cover the chicken with the delicious sauce.
- Place your skillet into the preheated oven and bake for 25 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165F.