Stop wasting your time stirring that polenta and use this Easy Instant Pot Polenta recipe. One-step pressure cooker polenta for a creamy, delicious side dish.
Instant Pot Polenta
Traditional Polenta requires some serious stirring which I am a) too lazy to do and b) I often can’t do when I’m flared with my Rheumatoid Arthritis. Enter the Instant Pot, which enables babysitting-free cooking for many things My first attempt didn’t have enough water in it, and burned badly. Thank goodness for stainless steel inserts that you can scrub, although I would have loved a ceramic insert for this recipe. The second time around, I increased the amount of water, and it worked well.
LIKE THIS RECIPE? CHECK OUT MY INSTANT POT DIRTY RICE RECIPE!
The steps for this recipe are:
- Put in polenta, water, and salt into Instant Pot
- As soon as it starts to boil, shut the lid and cook it at HP for 8 mins, with natural pressure release
- Whisk in butter, cheese, and half and half
★ Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below! Just click on the stars in the recipe card to rate.
Stop wasting your time stirring that polenta and use this Easy Instant Pot No-stir Polenta recipe. One-step pressure cooker polenta for a creamy, delicious side dish
- Turn Instant Pot on sauté and add the chicken broth and polenta and whisk together
- As soon as it starts to boil, place and seal the lid, and set your Instant Pot on high pressure for 7 minutes and allow it to release pressure naturally when done.
- When you open the lid there will be some excess water in it. Using your whisk, blend in the butter, cheese, and half and half. The polenta will thicken as you whisk it all together. Allow it to rest for a little longer.
I am not a registered dietician or nutritionist. Nutritional information is provided a courtesy, and can vary depending on the exact ingredients you use.