Quick, Easy, Keto, Gluten-free, Kid-Friendly, Instant Pot Keto Egg Cups on the Run, in under 20 minutes.
These low carb, keto egg cups may not have been the fanciest things I’ve made in my Instant Pot, but they were delicious, and they gave me an excuse to also use my air fryer. Anything that requires 2 kitchen gadgets I love has to be worthwhile, right? More importantly though they make a very portable breakfast which would work well for those of us who hate eating as soon as we get up. Take one of these to the office and heat it up in the microwave for 30 seconds, and instant breakfast.
I used half pint jars to make these, and the jars were only half full, so you could easily do two eggs in one but you may have to add another minute to cook them through in that case. You can mix and match whatever you’d like in these of course, but I’ll share these as I made them to give you an idea of proportions.
The recipe steps are for the Instant Pot Keto Egg Cups are:
- Chop vegetables and put in a bowl with eggs, cheese, half and half, salt, and pepper
- Cook PIP for 3 minutes at high pressure, quickly release pressure
- Sprinkle with cheese and either broil or put in your air-fryer for 2-3 minutes
★ Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below! Just click on the stars in the recipe card to rate.
Super fast way to make a low carb, keto portable breakfast. Individual egg cups allow you to customize each cup for a variety of flavors.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup diced vegetables such as onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup half and half
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro (or other herb of choice)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese of choice
- Mix together eggs, vegetables, cheese, half and half, salt and pepper and chopped cilantro if using. Divide amongst four 1/2 pint wide mouth jars or other containers. Place lids on top but do not tighten. Their purpose is to keep water out of the eggs.
Place 2 cups of water in your Instant Pot, and place a trivet in the pot.
Place the egg jars on the trivet.
- Cook for 5 minutes at high pressure, and quickly release remaining pressure.
Top with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese, and either broil or place in air fryer for 2-3 minutes, until the cheese on top is melted and lightly browned.
I am not a registered dietician or nutritionist. Nutritional information is provided a courtesy, and can vary depending on the exact ingredients you use.