Quick, Easy, Keto, Gluten-free, Kid-Friendly, Instant Pot Keto Egg Cups on the Run, in under 20 minutes.
These low carb, keto egg cups may not have been the fanciest things I've made in my Instant Pot, but they were delicious, and they gave me an excuse to also use my air fryer. Anything that requires 2 kitchen gadgets I love has to be worthwhile, right? More importantly though they make a very portable breakfast which would work well for those of us who hate eating as soon as we get up. Take one of these to the office and heat it up in the microwave for 30 seconds, and instant breakfast.
I used half pint jars to make these, and the jars were only half full, so you could easily do two eggs in one but you may have to add another minute to cook them through in that case. You can mix and match whatever you'd like in these of course, but I'll share these as I made them to give you an idea of proportions.
The recipe steps are for the Instant Pot Keto Egg Cups are:
- Chop vegetables and put in a bowl with eggs, cheese, half and half, salt, and pepper
- Cook PIP for 3 minutes at high pressure, quickly release pressure
- Sprinkle with cheese and either broil or put in your air-fryer for 2-3 minutes
- 4 (4 ) Eggs
- 1 cup (160 g) diced vegetables such as onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (56.5 g) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup (60.5 g) Half and Half
- salt and ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons (2 tablespoons) chopped cilantro, (or other herb of choice)
- 1/2 cup (56 g) shredded cheese of choice
- Mix together eggs, vegetables, cheese, half and half, salt and pepper and chopped cilantro if using. Divide amongst four 1/2 pint wide mouth jars or other containers. Place lids on top but do not tighten. Their purpose is to keep water out of the eggs.
- Place 2 cups of water in your Instant Pot, and place a trivet in the pot.
- Place the egg jars on the trivet.
- Cook for 5 minutes at high pressure, and quickly release remaining pressure.
- Top with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese, and either broil or place in air fryer for 2-3 minutes, until the cheese on top is melted and lightly browned.
Can you substitute the half and half?
Yes you can
have you stored these and if so how long will they stay fresh in the fridge?
I’ve saved them for 3-4 days and eaten them for breakfast each day