This Peach Chutney is so good that you're going to want to put it on everything! This medley of peaches and spices is vegan friendly and easily made keto!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time4 hrs 30 mins
Total Time4 hrs 35 mins
Dice all the ingredients. To get an even chop, I often use either this push chopper, or this pull chopper. Place all ingredients in a 1.5 quart slow cooker. I tested this recipe in this slow cooker. Since they all vary so much with respect to temperatures, you may need to check yours from time to time.
Cook on high for 4 hours, or low for 6 hours.
Remove the lid and allow the chutney to cook for another 30 minutes, to allow some water to evaporate and thicken
- I know many of you will want to know if this can be made in the instant pot. I would advise against it because the sugar in this could cause the chutney to stick to the bottom and give you a burn message.
- You can, of course, use the slow cook function of your instant pot. In that case, remember that LOW = Keep warm, Medium= cook on low heat, and HIGH = cook on high heat.
- The majority of the spice in this recipe is from the dried ginger powder. This flavor and heat also intensify with cooking.
- If you are spice-sensitive, you could consider two alternatives.
- Reduce the dried ginger
- Use a few slices of fresh ginger which will be less spicy but will still lend a great taste to the chutney.
- This chutney has been in my fridge for 2 weeks now and is still fantastic, so it keeps a while. If you plan to not conduct science experiments with it like I am doing, you might consider canning this with a water bath. I am not able to advise you on that because I haven't canned in a while.
- Taste and adjust as needed since fruit can vary in its level of tartness and sweetness.
- This chutney is meant to serve as a side condiment. Each diner would get about 1 tablespoon alongside other dishes such as Instant Pot Chana Masala, Palak Paneer ,and either Basmati Rice Pilau or naan.
- You really want to cook this in a slow cooker or on the stove top. You could make this in an Instant Pot, but then you'd spend a lot of time putting it on sauté to evaporate all the water.
- A serving is about 2 teaspoons since this is a relish.
Calories: 18kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 74mg | Potassium: 43mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 50IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 4mg | Iron: 1mg