Poblano Chicken Soup
This low carb Poblano Chicken Soup makes a creamy, hearty meal that cooks in under 30 minutes in your pressure cooker or instant pot!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time35 mins
Total Time45 mins
- 1/2 cup navy beans soaked for an hour in hot water
- 1 cup Onion diced
- 3 poblano peppers chopped
- 5 cloves Garlic
- 1 cup cauliflower diced
- 1.5 pounds chicken breasts large chunks
- 1/4 cup Cilantro chopped
- 1 teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1-2 teaspoons Salt
- 2.5 cups Water
Tips And Tricks For Making Poblano Chicken Soup
- You can also purée the vegetables and chicken together to get a thicker, more robust soup (as I show you in the video).
- If you want to lower carb counts even more in the Poblano Chicken Soup, omit the beans, double the cauliflower, and cut back the water by about 1/2 cup. That will give you a soup with about 5 gms of net carbs but it will be less robust. Since it only saves you about 3 gms of carbs, I'm not sure the trade-off is worth it, but it depends on what else you're eating that day.
Calories: 189kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 5g | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g