This Tomato Raita is a tangy and spicy make ahead appetizer that comes together in about 10 minutes. Cool it down by serving on top of creamy yogurt.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 6 people
Heat oil in a skillet. To the hot oil, add mustard seeds and chilis. When the mustard seeds have popped, add in chilies, curry leaves, and asafetida if using.
Add tomatoes. Cook until the tomatoes are a little soft but still retain their shape.
Allow them to cool, and then mix with the yogurt right before serving.
If your tomatoes are over ripe and very sweet, add a little tang with the lemon juice.
- If you only have Greek yogurt, add a little water to thin it down.
- You can also try this with canned tomatoes if that's all you have access to.
- This tastes like an Indian version of Rotel :)
- All the heat in this recipe is from the Serrano, so use as much or as little as you can tolerate or enjoy.
- This is a great make ahead salad as the flavors intensify overnight in the fridge. Eat some now, rest later.
- You can also serve this as a dip with chips for something a little different.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 57kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 4g | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g